how would you feel about another donor build?

Totally-A-Hero

So i saw a donor build happen on the forums a little while ago and was wondering how you feel about another one? Post some suggestions on  people who we could donate parts to in the comments, this could affect there chances of being chosen if we decide to do one. also PM me if you can donate parts! Lets do this LTT

Im looking for someone with bad specs, that is a very dedicated forum member and well renowned in the LTT community.

I have a spare GPU i may be able to give to the person (2 month old 7870ghz sapphire dual x)

As for what horrible specs is defined as, Basically someone using a 10 year old craptop or a pentium with like 512mb of ram, just a bad system in general, any parts Pre 2005

Please PM @GhostWindGamer for donation's you may have or any questions, we will decide who  wins when i come back in a week, untill then ghost is the man.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

I like the idea of this. Someone with horrible specs, yeah.

added that

Part of those two donor builds is that they were kept on the down low (I was involved in both to enough of an extent.) To publicize the concept makes it all the more difficult, while also grabbing attention from the moderators and administrators. To say that it's a stupid idea is mean because I know you're only trying to help, but I can see this easily collapse for a large amount of reasons. Therefore, I say nay.

Get to know people first. I know Lanoi and tmcclelland455 to enough of an extent to know that I can trust them. You can't trust everyone.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Part of those two donor builds is that they were kept on the down low (I was involved in both to enough of an extent.) To publicize the concept makes it all the more difficult, while also grabbing attention from the moderators and administrators. To say that it's a stupid idea is mean because I know you're only trying to help, but I can see this easily collapse. Therefore, I say nay.

Didnt think of it that way....

Didnt think of it that way....

I mean, it wasn't an objective to keep them on the down low, but the donors don't use it as a "oh yes, look what I did, I got so and so parts". I am afraid that people could turn it into that.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Well people don't just give away PC parts to just anyone. tmcclelland455 is one of the most active posters here and he needed a good PC so he asked and recieved.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

oh god maybe this was a bad idea... 

It's a good idea and id like to see another donor build but you will really need to research on who has poor specs

I like how people can actually use this money to benifit humans, people that are really suffering.

Instead it's more ideal to just give money to people without a "decent" PC.

the epitome of #firstworldproblems.

I meant if you had spare parts lying around, i have a spare 7870 ghz, and this is wat sparked the idea, so if members had a spare case, cpu, etc erct and we could find a DEDICATED forum member and then do a donor build for them.

I meant if you had spare parts lying around, i have a spare 7870 ghz, and this is wat sparked the idea, so if members had a spare case, cpu, etc erct and we could find a DEDICATED forum member and then do a donor build for them.

in that case I'd find it understandable, but people who are actually pouring their personal fundings, I encourage you to find other ways to spend your money if you really care about helping others.

in that case I'd find it understandable, but people who are actually pouring their personal fundings, I encourage you to find other ways to spend your money if you really care about helping others.

agreed.

Well people don't just give away PC parts to just anyone. tmcclelland455 is one of the most active posters here and he needed a good PC so he asked and recieved.

i agree it would need to be a very dedicated and well renowned forum member in need

What do you define as horrible specs OP?

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

Ill add that.

i agree it would need to be a very dedicated and well renowned forum member in need

Then you face the problem of the most dedicated and renowned people already have pretty good pc's

Then you face the problem of the most dedicated and renowned people already have pretty good pc's

there has to be someone out there, hidden in the depths of the forums...

there has to be someone out there, hidden in the depths of the forums...

Wow you said bad specs minimum a 10 year old pc I had one of those but then it died

Wow you said bad specs minimum a 10 year old pc I had one of those but then it died

Do you think that bad of specs is suffecient?

Do you think that bad of specs is suffecient?

It's sufficient but only if that's there only pc they shouldn't be hiding a ROG laptop somewhere and still be eligible and my pc it served me well I cried for an hour when it died :(

It's sufficient but only if that's there only pc they shouldn't be hiding a ROG laptop somewhere and still be eligible and my pc it served me well I cried for an hour when it died :(

Yes we will have to ensure that he isnt a lier sitting on a titan.But even though we have these obstacles i still think it will be a great thing to do this!

Yes we will have to ensure that he isnt a lier sitting on a titan.But even though we have these obstacles i still think it will be a great thing to do this!

Yes I think this will be an amazing thing to do for some lucky person

Yes I think this will be an amazing thing to do for some lucky person

do you have a suggestion? I was thinking winnut but he only has 2 thousand posts....

Heh, my system :lol: