how would you feel about another donor build?

Totally-A-Hero

uh, I'm gonna give this one a "no"

I respect your intentions OP, but this is one of the worst ideas I've seen in a while.

Error: 410

dont worry on the real planetary shit, your puny vote makes the biggest difference.

so you might already be classified as Evil by relative morals.

Mr.Idealist,

because these votes will contribute money for this build?

no.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

then does my or your vote truly matter in the long run?

More then you'd judge it to matter and yes.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

More then you'd judge it to matter and yes.

I'm having a hard time understanding how his "no" is valued less than your "yes"

If anything the dissenting opinion is more valuable, it's the exact opposite of what you state.

Error: 410

I'm having a hard time understanding how his "no" is valued less than your "yes"

If anything the dissenting opinion is more valuable, it's the exact opposite of what you state.

You might want to include the references and the things the pronouns replace. Easier for both fo us.

then does my or your vote truly matter in the long run?

He is asking our opinions and if it would be a thing the forum would like. So yes and no. Yes it gives him an idea if people would be interested and donate no it probably wouldn't influence his decision to go ahead and do it.

Just as an info, the guy is probably confused himself as in he probably doesnt even know what I quoted with my quote.

he wrote:

_ASSASSIN_, on 09 Aug 2014 - 12:48 AM, said:snapback.png

I like how people can actually use this money to benifit humans, people that are really suffering.

Instead it's more ideal to just give money to people without a "decent" PC.

the epitome of #firstworldproblems.

to which I replied:

dont worry on the real planetary shit, your puny vote makes the biggest difference.

so you might already be classified as Evil by relative morals.

Mr.Idealist,

and then he came with:

So then the actual question about mattering in the long run is ones objectives.

If his morality and goal is solely based on funding the build, the effect of a vote would be trivial.

I just assumed it was not the case.

He is asking our opinions and if it would be a thing the forum would like. So yes and no. Yes it gives him an idea if people would be interested and donate no it probably wouldn't influence his decision to go ahead and do it.

he's saying my "puny vote" won't get anywhere, even though it's not as if either of our votes have some differing weight to them.

he's saying my "puny vote" won't get anywhere, even though it's not as if either of our votes have some differing weight to them.

Where as I don't agree with his wording he has a point. I think the poll was just to get an idea if, as I stated, anyone would be interested and maybe donate.

Hey guys, I am new to the forum, so I don't have that high post count like you are looking for. But I do have low specs! I have been laptop gaming for years now. Never had the surplus to get a nice computer. 

Hey guys, I am new to the forum, so I don't have that high post count like you are looking for. But I do have low specs! I have been laptop gaming for years now. Never had the surplus to get a nice computer.

Sorry dude that's not how it works

You said you have a gaming laptop.

I guess my specs don't count. So sad.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I guess my specs don't count. So sad.

When was your pc built?

When was your pc built?

It is a Dell Precision 670, 2005.

I upgraded the GPU to a HD 6850, 120gb ssd, and WD 1tb hdd lol

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

You said you have a gaming laptop.

Toshiba P750D Satellite

AMD A6 APU cpu @ 1.50ghz

apu @400 hz

8 gbs ram

Sorry for the confusion, this is my most powerful laptop i ever had, which is why i call it a gaming laptop. I just started looking into buying a PC which is how I found Linus. I have been watching his, Jayztwocents, barnacles, basically people who teach about tech stuff. Actually how I bought my laptop is a funny story, (still in school mind you) I asked my parents if I could get a part time job somewhere to buy a better laptop for myself when I has 14, but being 14 I couldn't get a job. So I did 30 of cleaning our house about ever other day and they paid me $8 for every hour I cleaned. haha I built up something like 100 hours and then my parents bought me the wrong laptop :P 

Toshiba P750D Satellite

AMD A6 APU cpu @ 1.50ghz

apu @400 hz

8 gbs ram

Sorry for the confusion, this is my most powerful laptop i ever had, which is why i call it a gaming laptop. I just started looking into buying a PC which is how I found Linus. I have been watching his, Jayztwocents, barnacles, basically people who teach about tech stuff. Actually how I bought my laptop is a funny story, (still in school mind you) I asked my parents if I could get a part time job somewhere to buy a better laptop for myself when I has 14, but being 14 I couldn't get a job. So I did 30 of cleaning our house about ever other day and they paid me $8 for every hour I cleaned. haha I built up something like 100 hours and then my parents bought me the wrong laptop :P

With does specs, you will be able to play new games on lowest settings. I saved up money for 3 years for my pc, before that i had a crappy 64 x2 3800+ 2gb ddr2 ram, hd 5450 512mb and 320 gb hdd.

Toshiba P750D Satellite

AMD A6 APU cpu @ 1.50ghz

apu @400 hz

8 gbs ram

Did you not go with them and tell them what to buy?

Did you not go with them and tell them what to buy?

They ordered it from best buy online. I came home one day from football and they surprised me with it. It was a bitter sweet moment. 

They ordered it from best buy online. I came home one day from football and they surprised me with it. It was a bitter sweet moment.

This is why you don't let parents surprise you with tech

With does specs, you will be able to play new games on lowest settings. I saved up money for 3 years for my pc, before that i had a crappy 64 x2 3800+ 2gb ddr2 ram, hd 5450 512mb and 320 gb hdd.

Yeah I can play games, but I rather play simulators like FSX and DCS. And my laptop doesn't run either above ~15 FPS on low :( 

This is why you don't let parents surprise you with tech

Amen