So this is a thing

Still more powerful than a mac... (Prepare for potential hate)

ACtually its less powerful than the full feature iMac.

My laptop is nearly twice as powerful in the GPU department.

What a shitty system MSI. at least give them a 680M or 7970M

My laptop smokes that thing and its over a year old.

ACtually its less powerful than the full feature iMac.My laptop is nearly twice as powerful in the GPU department.What a shitty system MSI. at least give them a 680M or 7970MMy laptop smokes that thing and its over a year old.

I have macs at home, so I know of the performance of it compared to them. I was merely trying to portray sarcasm, unfortunately it is incredibly difficult for many people to detect over the internet.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I've used apple products before. Not impressed. The Ipod, while popular, has always confounded me. Why have this fancy operating system and touch screen when you can just make it play like the old mp3 players and have a standard digital readout? You'd save battery life, and file space. Don't "innovate" where innovation doesn't make sense.

Yeah I know right? My nokia 3310 is way better then any phone out there.I love playing pong and snake on it. Why do I need improvement. Who the hell mentioned an iPod?? Not impressed with the iPod because it has too many features for you? I don't see you complaining about any other mp3 player out there. Because that's where they all do. And what about the shuffle. F you're complaining about battery and size, then it's perfect for you. Honestly, I don't like apple but haters like you annoy me

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

"these things come from the same place so the they are the same"

I was actually saying that they use almost the exact same boards as dell. And dell boards are very, very shit with a lack of solid caps and awfully designed VRMs which is why the core 2 duo macs in my school in 2006 caught on fire after 6 months of daily usage. Seriously our computer lab started on fire. 

But I will admit my favorite intel mac is the 2008 models with the core 2 series and the 320m GPU that supported 16GB of RAM as those things were pretty much the only intel macs that were built like tanks and still perform well today. 

The macs today, however, are built shoddily. I'm not saying they are one and the same as dell; I'm saying the build quality for motherboards, GPU units, memory (nanya), VRMs and MOSFETs are extremely lacking in both brands due to the fact foxconn is producing hardware for both. I love OSX, and I love unix. I own a power mac g4 mdd i'm in the process of freshening up with a new graphics card and OS 10.5.8. Those were built well. Solid caps all over it, a very efficient (though loud) cooling setup where I've never seen a temp above 62C under heavy as hell load while rendering 3D model content, and even some incredible build quality that still looks like new despite daily 24/7 usage for over 12 years. And it still has enough power to handle most of today's loads. Hell all I need to do is drop in a new GPU and 10.5 and it'll be working like it was new. (OS really needs an update, it's like running XP) 

But today's apple computers don't have that flare and feeling of long term reliability since IBM no longer produces the processors and onboard hardware, Intel does. Intel is in a partnership with Foxconn to develop motherboards for Dell and Apple products. Which, if you look at today's dell and apple components 5 years in the future, doesn't hold up well. Apple stopped innovating since they switched to intel. I can't get a 2005 macbook to last as long as my trusty G4. Simple as that. They aren't built with apple quality anymore. They're built with Foxconn quality only. 

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.