24'' BenQ Monitor or Samsung 27'' Monitor?

sn0re

I'm kinda stuck on what monitor to buy.My dad wants a 27'' from Samsung, the problem is I'm not so sure if it will run games smoothly and if it will fit on my desk.The 24'' BenQ monitor is the monitor that MLG uses.So i believe that there is RTS,FPS mode if I'm not mistaken.Which monitor should I get for gaming?

I used the Samsung E2742V (27" 1080p) for a month (on sale at BestBuy for $215, something like $230 total). It's an excellent display for the price but 1440p simply blows it out of the water in terms of clarity and general productivity.

As far as running games, if you're so concerned about FPS (running >60FPS) go with a 120Hz monitor, if not then the E2742V is a great buy. But I recommend any 1440p monitors around the $500-600 price-point, assuming your GPU can handle the extra load and you're willing to spend the cash or eat ramen noodles for a month. Personally, I'd much rather run 1440p/60Hz at 30-60 FPS than 1080p/120Hz at 80-120FPS. But if all you play is serious first-person shooters, then you should probably go for the extra FPS for 'performance'.

I used the Samsung E2742V (27" 1080p) for a month (on sale at BestBuy for $215, something like $230 total). It's an excellent display for the price but 1440p simply blows it out of the water in terms of clarity and general productivity.

As far as running games, if you're so concerned about FPS (running >60FPS) go with a 120Hz monitor, if not then the E2742V is a great buy. But I recommend any 1440p monitors around the $500-600 price-point, assuming your GPU can handle the extra load and you're willing to spend the cash or eat ramen noodles for a month. Personally, I'd much rather run 1440p/60Hz at 30-60 FPS than 1080p/120Hz at 80-120FPS. But if all you play is serious first-person shooters, then you should probably go for the extra FPS for 'performance'.

I'm not really a big FPS gamer,Just games in general I guess.I usually think of 27'' are to ''big'' in my opinion.

It depends, what is your budget and what type of monitor are you looking for? BenQ and Samsung (mostly Samsung) have many different PC monitors that vary depending on what you're looking to get from them.

It depends what you want in games, if yo want good realistic colours then the BenQ mlg monitors will not be good for you because they are 120Hz TN panel monitors with rubbish colour reproduction and horrible viewing angles.

They are good for competitive twitch fps gamer's who dont like the input lag of a 60Hz monitor. If this is you then get the BenQ XL2420TX (the mlg monitor) .

I don't like really big monitors for gaming becuase of how close i am to my monitor.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

The size of the monitor is important, but mostly with relation to your desk and how far you sit away from the screen. I have a full size desk (30"x60") and feel a 27" monitor + my 14.1" laptop monitor is perfect. I guarantee you'd get used to a 27" monitor, mainly because you'll naturally sit farther away (unless your vision is poor or your desk is too narrow).

30" would be my max, mostly due to the lack of desk depth.

If you've got the custom rig to run 1440p at decent FPS, you've probably spent enough money to justify getting a worthy display. So many gamers bottleneck their gaming experience with $1000+ rigs running cheap 1080p displays and it annoys the hell outa me. Do your system justice and get 1440p.

I'd go with the BenQ personally, unless the 27" Samsung monitor is 1440p just go with the BenQ monitor.