Wireless printer wont appear in printers?

I really dont think i worded this right but heres what i got.

So i have a HP PhotoSmart C4780 and the wireless worked great at first no problems what so ever and then all of a sudden its no longer visible (in word and devices)  The printer says that the wireless is working and i printed a wireless report and everything is fine but non of the computer in the house hold can see it.  I can plug ONE computer into the printer via USB (Mothers laptop, my Chromebook has to connect wireless to the printer as far as im aware) and that is just a hassle for everyone.  We have to put the file on a USB or email it to the laptop and boy it is just a pain.  If you have anything i can try please let me know, Thanks. 

That profile pic is gorgeous. @Slick needs to see this

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

That profile pic is gorgeous. @Slick needs to see this

Thanks, when linus said Slick Tech Tips on the WAN show last week i made this and hope the forum work like it, but can you help me?

NO! Slick Tech Tips...

It is a good avatar, Kudos.

i think everyones on this thread to comment on your profile pic rather than being interested in fnding a solution for your problem :P

Details separate people.

Does the printer have a way to restore to factory defaults?  something in the wireless config could have gone wrong.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Try turning the printer off and back on agian

I have a HP printer connected wirelessly to the network and sometimes it just hangs. It shows everything is okay on the printer, but no one can print. I turn it off and back again and everything is back to normal

Try installing/reinstalling drivers? Check if a non-PC devices can see the printer (i.e. PS3). Most likely the network settings has done messed up somewhere.

BTW nice profile pic. If i have to criticize something, I would say Slick's head looks small. Then again, Slick is a mammoth, so there is that! :P

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Try installing/reinstalling drivers? Check if a non-PC devices can see the printer (i.e. PS3). Most likely the network settings has done messed up somewhere.

BTW nice profile pic. If i have to criticize something, I would say Slick's head looks small. Then again, Slick is a mammoth, so there is that

Okay il try that.

Yea his head is like 3x the size of Linus body and...yea... I tried...lol:)

Try turning the printer off and back on agian

I have a HP printer connected wirelessly to the network and sometimes it just hangs. It shows everything is okay on the printer, but no one can print. I turn it off and back again and everything is back to normal

it has been a wile since i have been able to print wireless, i just never thought to ask the forum...

Have you tried resetting it's network info? If you have it set up to receive an IP via DHCP, chances are the lease ran out, and it got a new IP, which means nobody knows where it is anymore. I had this problem with my HP Officejet, if the lease ran out, Id have to reconfigure it, same if we lost power. That being said, if you can map an IP, then problem solved, but my router is old, and doesn't have that function, so I just go wired now.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

First things first:

For all network printers assign a static IP. Why? Otherwise your printer is at the mercy of your router and its DHCP server. Meaning (usually) every 3600 minutes a new IP address may be assigned to the printer. Make sure to assign an ip address outside the range of the DHCP IP pool. 

Make sure to enable RAW Port if possible on the printer, it might make things easier for printing from your chromebook, also make sure that the IPP setting on the printer hasn't been disabled by accident. You should be able to access the printer's configuration from within a browser(if you manage to get it hooked up via WiFi or Ethernet). Here is an example of my printer setting page:

post-419-0-78425800-1407389514_thumb.png

Lastly when re-installing the print driver, use Window's "add a network printer" tool and manually select the driver.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

First things first:

For all network printers assign a static IP.

If only they all had that option...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

If only they all had that option...

They should.

If not use the DHCP daemon in any router to force a static IP in the DHCP pool via the printer's MAC address.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

They should.

If not use the DHCP daemon in any router to force a static IP in the DHCP pool via the printer's MAC address.

Except, you can't do that with all routers either. That's what I get for buying a cheap router years ago. Wired is just easier for me, I mean, I have to be in the room to get the print job anyway.

Except, you can't do that with all routers either. That's what I get for buying a cheap router years ago. Wired is just easier for me, I mean, I have to be in the room to get the print job anyway.

Well, that is unfortunate for you.