THE MOST SILENT R9 290

viizi78

I'm building new system and i try to build it as silent as possible and i was wondering which manufacturer is building the most silent graphics cards in this case R9 290.

Thanks for the all help

Definitely not the Windforce card, though I do love it.

Probably a watercooled 290?

GW2: Vettexl.9726

I'm building new system and i try to build it as silent as possible and i was wondering which manufacturer is building the most silent graphics cards in this case R9 290.

Thanks for the all help

http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202103

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Sapphire Vapor-X is not only the coolest but also the quietest.

Buy the R9 290 Vapor-X, it's the best 290 on the planet, and also on par with the MSI lightning for the best designed/build card of this generation.

Definitely not the Windforce card, though I do love it.

..most of them have a very small difference in pressure.

The Windforce cooler is pretty quiet, although Logan vouches for the Vapor X if that's not out of price range.

Error: 410

The most silent would be a card with a watercooling loop, so a reference one that you manually strip off and watercool. For air cooling, the most quiet are sapphire (vapor-x), asus and xfx if I recall correctly.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The Windforce cooler is pretty quiet, although Logan vouches for the Vapor X if that's not out of price range.

Looking forward to Gigabyte's next wave of cards after the 3X cooler overhaul shown at this year's computex.

I have the Asus Card, and I will say it is the most silent twin fan cooler I've owned out of many, maybe even softer than the ACX cooler. whether or not this has to do with the hybrid blower/static pressure fan the DirectCU2 uses, I have no idea but it works.

780-b.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

r9 290 in a single loop connected to a 580mm rad with 2 NF-F12 industrial PPC-2000 IP67 PWMs and have positive air pressure.

Done.

Most silent one which you can buy all-in-one is the vapor x r9 290

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I my country i don't have the option of buying VAPOR-X, i'm in the area of 400€ and around. 

My options are 

ASUS Radeon R9 290 "DirectCU II" OC  

GIGABAYTE Radeon R9 290 "Windforce OC"

MSI Radeon R9 290 "Gaming"

SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 "TRI-X" OC

And this are all options that i have. 

I swear, people overrate the Vapor-X and treat it like it's god. It's mediocre. If you want the most silent 290 then get a reference 290 and put a G10 on it. Otherwise, I think the MSI option is the quietest. 

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

I my country i don't have the option of buying VAPOR-X, i'm in the area of 400€ and around. 

My options are

literally, just get the cheaper one

Error: 410

My options are 

ASUS Radeon R9 290 "DirectCU II" OC  

SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 "TRI-X" OC

And this are all options that i have. 

They still haven't fixed the coolers on the MSI, GB and Asus ones according to recent reviews.  My 290x Tri-X with a quiet fan curve barely hits 75*C @ 1100/1400 at 1440p gaming.

They still haven't fixed the coolers on the MSI, GB and Asus ones according to recent reviews.  My 290x Tri-X with a quiet fan curve barely hits 75*C @ 1100/1400 at 1440p gaming.

Truth is they never will "fix" them. some custom coolers have a copper shroud/heat spreader surrounding the heatpipes where contact is made with the gpu, while others have direct contact heat pipes. The direct contact DCU2 is blatantly shoe-horned onto the 290.

In the case of the DirectCU2, only one heatpipe makes full contact, while two other pipes make partial contact, and two pipes make no contact whatsoever. If there was a heat spreader, I think people would give the cooler less grief, but its likely 6 in one, half dozen in the other for what would perform better. to be fair, the middle heatpipe is massive, while the two pipes making no contact are tiny. keeps my 290 @ 1080Mhz (sans-voltage tweaks) under 80C @ 100% continuous load without making much noise, so I guess I can't complain. if I increase voltage though, the cooler tends to buckle under the extra heat unless I crank fan speed up, which ruins the whole "silent operation" thing.

MSI and GB possibly suffer from similar problems, or entirely different ones. I haven't read into it tbh.

DSC_8986.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR