Xbox One and the PS4... I have a weird realization.

I just noticed that for the past two console generations, the one that gets announced and shown first will claim the higher market share. For example, the PS2 came out earlier than the Xbox and thus, PS2 is arguably the king of that generation. For the previous generation, too, the Xbox 360 was announced and sold more than a year before the PS3 was released, thus Xbox 360 is, again arguably, took the better market share.

This generation, we saw the PS4 was announced earlier than the Xbox One, BUT, the Xbox One was shown first than the PS4. We still don't know what the PS4 would look like. So... what could be the outcome of this console generation?

Any comments..? Correct me if I'm wrong though, these are only personal realizations.

well imo (as someone who plays cod with friends {kinda like a social event})

the first gen xbox had beaten the ps2 because it had an hdd...and because online gaming wasnt really established since broadband or dsl NOT SURE.. internet was now comming out

i think the ps3 beat the xbox 360 as an average console....bluray ...psn is free...bluetooth....so irdk lol....and well for the xbox one conference they talked about TV and sports more than games ...lol

The Wii was king of the last generation. And it was the last console to be released.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

by this logic the Wii U will win.........

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Ive decided I am never going to back to console after this years announcment

Well, I was talking about merely market share though and how much people are buying such console over the other. Features are another thing and would also be a great aspect focus on. The later consoles would of course, have the better specs.

I don't know about the Wii U, but I believe the Nintendo was a real competitor back in the days, but, personally, for me, I count Wii and the Wii u in another arena. Wii U has its own field, and it ain't got competitors. That's just my opinion though. I'd like for you to disagree. 

I don't know about the Wii U, but I believe the Nintendo was a real competitor back in the days, but, personally, for me, I count Wii and the Wii u in another arena. Wii U has its own field, and it ain't got competitors. That's just my opinion though. I'd like for you to disagree. 

I agree. The Wii was a party toy that happened to have Nintendo software. The Wii U is a Project Shield kit for a Nintendo version of the 360 that happens to have Nintendo software

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Dreamcast would have won the first generation if being first was the decider.

Well I do agree that next gen, the PS4 will most probably dominate out of the consoles.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Well I think they're both going to be released around the same time this year so this shouldn't be a factor...