Skyrim ENB - Wonder what 5.5gb vram usage looks like?

exyia

currently downloading MOAR updated texture packs and still messing around with different ENB profiles - having trouble picking one that I like, but I think I narrowed it down to these 4. Just thought I would share

3440x1440 with Skyrim Mod Combiner packed with every hi-res texture possible. vram usage outdoors is about 5.5gb  :o 

Kountervibe-2_zpscce95b46.png
somber3-2_zps5d6b7ad3.png
SoS-2_zps18990406.png
TrueVision-2_zpsd0313b71.png

Kountervibe_zpsebe4c3b8.png
somber3_zps62754f98.png
SoS_zps8e968c9e.png

TrueVision_zpsb9a3614d.png

weather was forced to be full bright sunny day in console, to guarantee a fair picture to each profile

I'm leaning towards option 3, but I kind of like the softness of 2 and the white balance in 1. decisions decisions  ^_^

what enbs and what gpu's do you have powering this?

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I prefer pic 1 in the first set and 3 in the second set. Pic 3 isnt bad in the first set so over all I would pick option 3

All are nice, but if I had to choose probably 3.

I like option 1, doesn't smudge the distance too much.

Option 2 looks kinda like LOTR, nothing wrong with that if you like it :)

I've seen some pretty great screenshots on ENB from people who modded their TESV, and some look just amazing, super high-res textures on everything, some have the custom polygons thing and it looks like a different game but so much better than vanilla and I think you did great :D

I saw some kind of hyper realistic vegetation mod on some website the other day, looks really great but it's no longer Skyrim :lol: you know, 'coz its supposed to be desolate, but it really looks so cool  B)

BTW, how many FPS are you getting outdoors compared to indoors, and what GPU/s are you using?

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

I just hope Fallout 4 and the next Elder Scrolls game can be modded this much. When I was playing Skyrim I was using around 3.9GB of VRAM at 1080p but using almost 6GB is insane. It's good for the hardware industry though if games start to demand higher specs. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

guess your rocking a titan?

I like option 3 the close up detail is good

Its all about those volumetric clouds

#1 has the "harshest" image to me. it doesn't soften the image like the others, which is fine if you're supersampling the resolution - but I'm not. So the edges of tree leaves nad bushes feel slightly pixelated to me somewhat. But I really like the white balance and slight bloom - bright sunlight is white imo, not yellow...and this one manages to capture that white sunlight feeling without washing out the colors

#2 I like because it really softens the image and gives a cinematic effect, but my friend laughed at it and said that would just get old/tiring after a few minutes. he might be right, I've never stuck with any of these "cinematic" styled ENB's

#3 seems like a good balance, but for some reason I think it's yellows and/or browns are still a bit too strong (the road in the first pic set looks too brown under natural sunlight imo)

#4 I like pic set 2, but for the first image it feels a little washed out and "pastel" colored

decisions, decisions. I'll upload more later today, this is fun :)

I prefer my default skyrim with 2k textures...ez

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I just hope Fallout 4 and the next Elder Scrolls game can be modded this much. When I was playing Skyrim I was using around 3.9GB of VRAM at 1080p but using almost 6GB is insane. It's good for the hardware industry though if games start to demand higher specs. 

We can definitely count on Bethesda with these mod support...and the usual order load of mods just to make things run stable :lol:

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

We can definitely count on Bethesda with these mod support...and the usual order load of mods just to make things run stable :lol:

I am just worried that Bethesda goes full peasant and makes the game more console like. If either Fallout 4 or the next Elder Scrolls game doesn't have modding support I will flip. Bethesda has so far been one of the only publishers that doesn't f*ck around too much with their customers.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

@exyia Have you ever had problems when running the ENB and all the mods with it with a complete power loss? I can't figure out why my computer will just shut off and then turn back on while I'm trying to play with my beautiful Skyrim now.... 

i7-4770k @3.5GHz | 2 EVGA gtx 780 SC ACX in SLI | AsRock Xtreme4 z87 | Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | Corsiar HX-850 | NZXT Phantom 410 |                                                                                                                                                   CoolerMaster Siedon 120XL AIO Water Cooler | X-Star 1440p 27"

@exyia Have you ever had problems when running the ENB and all the mods with it with a complete power loss? I can't figure out why my computer will just shut off and then turn back on while I'm trying to play with my beautiful Skyrim now.... 

hmmm, sometimes but I haven't gotten into actually playing the game yet. I wanted to sort away my mod list first so I could actually quit messing with my mods and enjoy the game. I haven't looked into it yet and it might just be my lazily done OC or having my Power Limit too high on the GPU's

currently downloading MOAR updated texture packs and still messing around with different ENB profiles - having trouble picking one that I like, but I think I narrowed it down to these 4. Just thought I would share

3440x1440 with Skyrim Mod Combiner packed with every hi-res texture possible. vram usage outdoors is about 5.5gb  :o 

-snip-

weather was forced to be full bright sunny day in console, to guarantee a fair picture to each profile

I'm leaning towards option 3, but I kind of like the softness of 2 and the white balance in 1. decisions decisions  ^_^

You owe me new pants. Here's a link so it's easier for you

OOOPS

I hit the vram cap in Windhelm :P

spent most of the night rebuilding the texture pack with upgrades, but I still can't find any other ENBs worth considering other than the 4 posted. I'm still somewhat leaning towards #2 - the cinematic aspect to it really gives a strong atmosphere. and now that I notice the strong browns in the other presets, it's starting to bother me

oh well, will play around more later

Option 4 looks best imo. The colours look more natural, and more crisp like the air in a cold, mountainous region. It's best mostly because of the colour of the snow, it's pure white, like settled snow on mountains is.

5.5 GB vram looks like giant textures. :)

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Option 4 looks best imo. The colours look more natural, and more crisp like the air in a cold, mountainous region. It's best mostly because of the colour of the snow, it's pure white, like settled snow on mountains is.

oh good point, didn't notice the color of the snow.....

hmm, that makes me re-evaluate now....I took option#4 out of the running because it looked a little over "bleached"

I swear I'll never end up deciding on an ENB...ever lol

oh good point, didn't notice the color of the snow.....

hmm, that makes me re-evaluate now....I took option#4 out of the running because it looked a little over "bleached"

I swear I'll never end up deciding on an ENB...ever lol

It maybe does look a bit bleached, but the first one on my monitor has a red-purple tinge, the second a yellow-green tinge, the third a red tinge and the fourth looks the most natural. Maybe find something with a little more contrast, or slightly darker all round?

adjusted my texture pack and some texture colors are different, and re-calibrated the internal LUT on the LG just to be sure. so posting fresh screens

kinematic_zpsa5fc81a0.png

KINEMATIC

kountervibe_zps2ae71f67.png

KOUNTERVIBE

serenity_zpsfdd66951.png

SERENITY

somber3_zps14fcd182.png

SOMBER3

sos_zps8e24091e.png

SEASONS OF SKYRIM

I think Somber3 is last - a bit too much yellow sepia tone that will definitely get old during gameplay (for me personally - would make for awesome screenshots though)

I'm not too fond of the brown colors of the Kinematic

Kountervibe I like

Seasons of Skyrim always looks incredibly balanced, so hard to decide between this and Kountervibe

Serenity looks great, but I'm just not sure if I like how much blue it uses. I'm all for retaining the "cold" feel of Skyrim's climates, but part of me thinks it's still too much blue

oh, and I've hit the vram cap in some areas :(

the older games usually use too much VRAM if they were visually over-improved or too much oomph on certain visual effects!