Lightweight $400-550 Laptop for school?

ohJey
Go to solution Solved by ohJey,

Hmm I guess I'll look everything over

Thanks a lot guys :P

Hmm I guess I'll look everything over

Thanks a lot guys :P

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

I know but that's a dual core i5 while the Lenovo has a dual core pentium with hyper-threading

Oh, I actually just looked that up.

The Pentium in the Yoga 2 11 is actually a non-hypertheaded quad core chip. However it's based on the different Bay Trail architecture, so due to the design in terms of raw power the Haswell i5 will likely outperform it. The integrated graphics on the i5 are also better then that of the Pentium.

The Lenovo is still a really good laptop. It's a pretty neat trick to be able to turn it into a tablet so that might be something of interest to you. I'd go for the Lenovo if you can live with the smaller size.

"Rawr XD"

Oh, I actually just looked that up.

The Pentium in the Yoga 2 11 is actually a non-hypertheaded quad core chip. However it's based on the different Bay Trail architecture, so due to the design in terms of raw power the Haswell i5 will likely outperform it. The integrated graphics on the i5 are also better then that of the Pentium.

The Lenovo is still a really good laptop. It's a pretty neat trick to be able to turn it into a tablet so that might be something of interest to you. I'd go for the Lenovo if you can live with the smaller size.

Yeah I'm leaning towards the Lenovo I think.  The tablet mode is pretty interesting.

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!