I need to be educated

Lifter-X79

My Galaxy S3 just celebrated it's 2 year birthday and the power button is currently really screwed up. SUPER sensitive, with my case on it just cycles the screen on and off seemingly randomly. Still usable but not for any significant period of time. This brought me back to the world of smartphones, and I have no idea what to look for lately.

From the research I've done it looks like I can't really do much out of warranty, so new phone time for me!

My main complaint with the GS3 is that after an hour or so of web browsing I've used up a third to a half of my battery. I like the idea of the G3's resolution, but even 1080p is an improvement from my current phone and I don't know if the slight sacrafice of battery is worth it. I'm willing to look into any of the recent flagship phones HTC (one m-whatevertheyareonnow) or the S5, Nexus, anything. Budget isn't really a problem, since I'll be getting it on contract.

tl;dr My GS3 is shitting all over me and I need a replacement. I haven't looked into phones in a while an I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at.

In need of an upgrade

Spoiler

Dont get the s5, get the HTC One m8 if you like having a custom android skin and want higher specs.  However, generally the Nexus has a better experience.  

Can you wait for the iPhone 6?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The HTC One M8 is a great phone, but I'd go with a LG G3 or wait to see the iPhone 6 if you're willing to go back to the dark side

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Nexus 5, 1+1 (OPO), HTC One M8.

Dont get the s5, get the HTC One m8 if you like having a custom android skin and want higher specs.  However, generally the Nexus has a better experience.  

Yes, get the HTC One M8!

I bought it a few weeks ago and it's the best choice ever. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Nexus 5, 1+1=2, HTC wot m8

+1 (oh yes I did)

However my choice is Nexus 5, I still use the Gnex and really wish another AMOLED nexus comes along.

My choice in order for a Andriod phone at this point is HTC One M8, One+One, Nexus 5, and then the S5. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Can you wait for the iPhone 6?

I can wait. And I will enjoy waiting with me sweet Android phone.

Probably should have mentioned that I'm not interested in the iphone.

In need of an upgrade

Spoiler

Get the G3 or Nexus 5, but if you really don't want your phone dying on you, G3 or S5, their removable backcovers are super useful incase you do bring spare batts or just buy extended ones

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I can wait. And I will enjoy waiting with me sweet Android phone.

Probably should have mentioned that I'm not interested in the iphone.

But, wouldn't you like to save on screen replacement costs when you accidentally drop your phone?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

But, wouldn't you like to save on screen replacement costs when you accidentally drop your phone?

I've made it 2 years with my current phone, I plan on continuing my streak.

In need of an upgrade

Spoiler