Stupidity: We need to find a cure

Admiaczking

post-89214-0-89204300-1407007303_thumb.p

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

There is already a cure for stupidity.. It's called education

Unfortunately it's a cure that only works on people that want it.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

You could well be the moron here if he has one of those Korean IPS panels that will overclock to 120hz.

No, he doesn't understand that despite the game running at 120 FPS or higher his monitor can only output 60 FPS

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

I'm gonna go ahead and say that while the poster of that comment does sound like a dumbass, there is some merit in what he is saying, as @Askew mentioned, he could easily be running a Korean IPS monitor that overclocks extremely well. But never the less, the fact that he thinks that any, or most monitors can do this implies that he is, in fact, an idiot.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

There is already a cure for stupidity.. It's called education

Unfortunately it's a cure that only works on people that want it.

The problem with education is the mass spread of miss-information, ignorance is a problem but not nearly to the degree of believing false info.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

The cure for stupidity is called natural selection

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

That doesn't work as effectively as it use to in this day and age. 

Hence all the stupid people

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

That doesn't work as effectively as it use to in this day and age. 

Only because we don't allow it to. Safety laws and to a lesser extent, liability laws, have effectively halted natural selection.

Need to start including one final test to high school, one in which the wrong answer gets you killed.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Only because we don't allow it to. Safety laws and to a lesser extent, liability laws, have effectively halted natural selection.

Need to start including one final test to high school, one in which the wrong answer gets you killed.

Whoa brutal. That'll never pass lol... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Whoa brutal. That'll never pass lol... 

^that attitude, is exactly why natural selection has stopped, because it's "brutal" or "wrong" or "cruel"

Morality runs completely contrary to natural selection, the idea that every single last life has value is illogical. Sorry to say, but there are quite a lot of humans with absolutely no value, from all walks of life, in all shapes and sizes and colors and genetic backgrounds.

^that attitude, is exactly why natural selection has stopped, because it's "brutal" or "wrong" or "cruel"

Morality runs completely contrary to natural selection, the idea that every single last life has value is illogical. Sorry to say, but there are quite a lot of humans with absolutely no value, from all walks of life, in all shapes and sizes and colors and genetic backgrounds.

lmao well fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on the specific opinion), you're never going to be in charge to make this happen. Humanity has evolved socially quite a bit from those days. And whether you like it or not, that social evolution has given us more gains then it has losses.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Well we just happen to have more people who view things morally than not. Everyone has morals, and I'm sure you do too though it may not be the same. 

It's all down to how the majority of society views things. That's how the standard is set, regardless if we like it or not. 

When was the last time people would be put to death in a educational environment if the student gets one question wrong? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

lmao well fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on the specific opinion), you're never going to be in charge to make this happen. Humanity has evolved socially quite a bit from those days. And whether you like it or not, that social evolution has given us more gains then it has losses.

Maybe if you see the world from the point of view of those who have been brainwashed to believe so. Ever seen the movie Idiocracy? that's where we're headed. I'd call that a net loss, not a net gain. Social evolution is one thing, but the idea that every single life is sacred is just incorrect. Those who don't contribute, are worthless to society.

Well we just happen to have more people who view things morally than not. Everyone has morals, and I'm sure you do too though it may not be the same. 

It's all down to how the majority of society views things. That's how the standard is set, regardless if we like it or not. 

When was the last time people would be put to death in a educational environment if the student gets one question wrong? 

If you find that too objectionable, how about a maze of some sort where only the intelligent and useful people manage to get through?

Maybe if you see the world from the point of view of those who have been brainwashed to believe so. Ever seen the movie Idiocracy? that's where we're headed. I'd call that a net loss, not a net gain. Social evolution is one thing, but the idea that every single life is sacred is just incorrect. Those who don't contribute, are worthless to society.

If we though every single life is sacred then we wouldn't have a death penalty and we would all more or less be vegetarians right? 

If we though every single life is sacred then we wouldn't have a death penalty and we would all more or less be vegetarians right? 

They've been pushing that for a while now, socially albeit.

They've been pushing that for a while now, socially albeit.

It hasn't happened yet so we can't say that's definitely how society will move. Having people more or less become vegetarians is next to impossible lol... the world will not bend in that fashion.  

If you find that too objectionable, how about a maze of some sort where only the intelligent and useful people manage to get through?

And what if you can't manage to get to the end? Is there a time limit? Objects will come in left and right if something like this was set up, then you have the physical aspects of it to cover. 

And what if you can't manage to get to the end? Is there a time limit? Objects will come in left and right if something like this was set up, then you have the physical aspects of it to cover. 

Indeed, only those useful would survive to get through.

As opposed to the current system where these people not only survive, but become "successful" somehow:

ifwt_honey-boo-boo-christmas.jpg

Even the father, is thinking the same thing as me

jersey-shore-3-320.jpg

Need I really explain this one?

Need I really say more? Can you honestly tell me that the world is a better place, owing to the existence of these people and those who employed and made them famous? What does that say about society as a whole? These people are entirely useless to society, they provide no purpose, other than maybe examples not to follow.

But no, we will continue on, as a whole, believing that every life is sacred, and more and more children will grow up, wanting to be famous for absolutely nothing, instead of being famous for inventing something or advancing our understanding of the universe. And eventually, something will come along to end us, and those that are left will be too stupid to stop it.

Snippy snips.

You. I like you. We think alike.

Unfortunately I've accepted that the odds of anything actually happening is next to 0, so instead I've just decided to recluse from society.

If the revolution ever occurs though, count me in. I'll lead the charge.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

Indeed, only those useful would survive to get through.

As opposed to the current system where these people not only survive, but become "successful" somehow:

Even the father, is thinking the same thing as me

Need I really explain this one?

Need I really say more? Can you honestly tell me that the world is a better place, owing to the existence of these people and those who employed and made them famous? What does that say about society as a whole? These people are entirely useless to society, they provide no purpose, other than maybe examples not to follow.

But no, we will continue on, as a whole, believing that every life is sacred, and more and more children will grow up, wanting to be famous for absolutely nothing, instead of being famous for inventing something or advancing our understanding of the universe. And eventually, something will come along to end us, and those that are left will be too stupid to stop it.

Lol It's undeniable there are people in society that are a horrible representation of humanity in this day and age however society always finds something to ridicule so why not let society continue to ridicule those who deserved to be ridiculed? 

Those who strive for higher education for a more positive purpose will go and take that route, those who want fame and wealth without the means and will to obtain it will be mopping floors. Everyone has a place in society, and we ourselves set that area up for them. 

Morals? There's no guarantee that they won't change drastically a couple of decades down the line either. Only time will tell, those who like this will pick this, those who like that will pick that. If you don't like it then pick what path you like, it's really as simple as that. 

Lol It's undeniable there are people in society that are a horrible representation of humanity in this day and age however society always finds something to ridicule so why not let society continue to ridicule those who deserved to be ridiculed? 

Those who strive for higher education for a more positive purpose will go and take that route, those who want fame and wealth without the means and will to obtain it will be mopping floors. Everyone has a place in society, and we ourselves set that area up for them. 

Morals? There's no guarantee that they won't change drastically a couple of decades down the line either. Only time will tell, those who like this will pick this, those who like that will pick that. If you don't like it then pick what path you like, it's really as simple as that. 

My point is thus,

As mankind, as human beings we are gifted with being self aware, we are capable of changing ourselves. and yet we have people (and I'm not accusing you, I mean no offense to you at all MyInnerFred) that make up most of society, that say "oh well, you can't do anything about it, why bother trying".

And that's how we get where we are today.