Back up and restore on Android?

minimoose

So my new HTC one m7 has the pink camera defect :(((((. So I am sending it back for a new one, but I was wondering if there was a backup and restore like iPhone so I could do a backup and then dump it all to the new phone and I wouldn't lose all my settings, apps and everything else.

Root the phone, and install ClockworkMod

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Root the phone, and install ClockworkMod

Rooting the phone will require unlocking bootloader, which will void warranty as even locking it again will leave RELOCKED in the bootloader.

"Rawr XD"

Rooting the phone will require unlocking bootloader, which will void warranty as even locking it again will leave RELOCKED in the bootloader.

Oh yeah, didin't think of that...

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Yeah, I was hoping for a first party solution at best, something that keeps my warranty at worst

Oh yeah, didin't think of that...

Theres ways too remove that... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2497712

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

no need to root, just get Helium.
You will not be able to backup settings, just applications. If you gain root access, you can backup wifi passwords and such, but google already does this so...

You could remove that also lol ive done it to warranty my M7

With the time and effort it takes to go through unlocking, s-off, rooting, unrooting, relocking, fixing BL, and s-on, and then unlocking and rooting again after you get your new phone, you might as well backup your SD card, copy it back afterwards, and just reinstall all your apps.

"Rawr XD"

Requires S-OFF which will stick anyways

Who doesn't enjoy voiding warranties? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Who doesn't enjoy voiding warranties? 

Someone like the OP who needs to send his phone back for warranty repair?

"Rawr XD"

Someone like the OP who needs to send his phone back for warranty repair?

Or you could go to the highstreet and get it repaired there without having to wait many many weeks (more like 2-3) for HTC to get good. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Or you could go to the highstreet and get it repaired there without having to wait many many weeks (more like 2-3) for HTC to get good. 

They're sending him a new phone anyways, likely for free since HTC has quite good warranty service (did the same thing for my HTC Amaze)

"Rawr XD"

They're sending him a new phone anyways, likely for free since HTC has quite good warranty service (did the same thing for my HTC Amaze)

The Antennas on my One X became faulty and it was sent off to HTC and it took forever to get them back. Still the same phone i sent off to them though. 

Oh! Thanks so much I didn't know I had that, that looks like what I want, no?

Wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. It came preinstalled on my M8 but I've never tried it.

"Rawr XD"

Actually I am just returning it to Amazon, I figure that will be quicker than a repair

Actually I am just returning it to Amazon, I figure that will be quicker than a repair

Probably.

"Rawr XD"

Probably.

Argh ... Do you think it is worth it to replace it? Have you seen the problem? I just got the phone and I don't want to go a week or two without it. Plus I could have issues with the backup...

Argh ... Do you think it is worth it to replace it? Have you seen the problem? I just got the phone and I don't want to go a week or two without it. Plus I could have issues with the backup...

Did you try this?

"Rawr XD"

Did you try this?

Yeah, it looks like in Sense 6 or something they removed ISO 100 as an option. So no that didn't work.