What mouse pad do you use?

Tr3vor

What mouse pad do you use? If its a fancy one, do you think it affects your gaming or regular desktop use in comparison to a plain one or even none?

I have this plain old mouse pad from the 90s. I like it because it feels softer than most mouse pads today because its about 1/4" thick.

OQfhSZG.jpg

(I do not use this mouse. Obviously my PC doesn't have a Serial Port :| )

CTBffnR.jpg

I'm wondering if there's some weird mouse pads out there...

Old shit no one cares about but me.

none  :)

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

Steelseries QCK

Helps me way more with control. My desk just feels way toooooo slidey and I much prefer the friction.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Because it looks like my pup, now he's 140 pounds xD

post-5552-0-27320000-1369273735_thumb.jp

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

DELL_mOUSEPAD1.JPG

(Image from Google)

Pretty sure this thing is over a decade old...

nothing special steelseries qck xl, cheap and large

CORSAIR C70 - MSI Z77A-GD65 - I5-3570K - GSKILLS TRIDENT X 8GB 2400 - CORSAIR H100I - SEASONIC X760 - GIGABYTE GTX670OC

I'm currently using one like the first one you posted (OP) but in black, I think it was $1.99 or something. Before that I was using a dual sided Razer eXactMatXspeed with the eXactMatXcontrol flip side, it is no better than the $1.99 mat other than being made of Aluminum and having a wrist cushy pad which I still use with the $1.99 pad. I was thinking of buying another fancy pad/mat but at this rate the $1.99 mat is kicking butt so why spend more, would like it to be bigger though (same size as the one you have in the first post).

Anyone can do their own comparison test and at $1.99 you can't complain you can't test the cheapo with anything fancy you might have now.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

(Image from Google)

Pretty sure this thing is over a decade old...

I'm pretty sure those came with the Dell Dimension P4/Celeron computers. My school was full of them and they drove me nuts because the semi reflective surface made optical mice freak out.

Wondering if anyone still makes those thick mouse pads that Tr3vor has? Would gladly buy them especially for the nostalgia and the cheap price tag.

Forgot to say that I have a big random mouse pad, not even sure if it was marketted as a mouse pad but it works! Sorry I don't have anything to tke a pciture with ti but it's quite large, black smooths and foam "grip" on the bottom.

Edited by prolemur

I'm pretty sure those came with the Dell Dimension P4/Celeron computers. My school was full of them and they drove me nuts because the semi reflective surface made optical mice freak out.

It did. The tower is still sitting here on the ground, actually, except it's not plugged in to anything.

It did. The tower is still sitting here on the ground, actually, except it's not plugged in to anything.

Good :P so many people still use those for everything and they don't seem to realize how slow P4s are. I have one just for older games back in the early 2000s, but that's it.

Good :P so many people still use those for everything and they don't seem to realize how slow P4s are. I have one just for older games back in the early 2000s, but that's it.

Yeah, this Dimension hasn't been powered on in years. Still use another Dell Dimension with a P4 HT in it though. Threw Windows 7 on it... it sort of lags. :P

well, you asked...

defiantly helps with wrist support for those long hours of gaming.

oh Rei.

A really annoying 2$ red mouse pad.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Steel Series Qck... awesome mouse pad.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Razer Goliathus Extended Speed 

gtffmeD.jpgSorry for the shitty flash. This was before I knew how to actually take a picture properly 

Some of those mouse pads are pretty big and Mr. Brovahkiin's is ridiculous, how do you stand such big mouse pads :P That would be way too big for my "desk"

I'm getting Razer Goliathus speed, right now I'm using a piece of cardboard.

CPU: Intel i5 2310 Mobo: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: MSI 760 Twin Frozr 4GB RAM: 8GB ADATA XPG Gaming Series 

Storage: OCZ Aglility 3 120 GB SSD, 2 250GB Segate HDDs Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 PSU: Antec NEO ECO 520W

Some of those mouse pads are pretty big and Mr. Brovahkiin's is ridiculous, how do you stand such big mouse pads :P That would be way too big for my "desk"

I got it because the rubber feet on my CM Quickfire Rapid, for lack of other words, suck. Having everything on one level and having a keyboard that doesn't move around is really nice. Sometimes I do wish it weren't so damn big though...

Corsair because fanboyism :P. And yes I do think that it does affect gaming performance. Not specifically this corsair mousepad but any gaming mousepad that allows for accurate tracking and uniform motion so that the mouse doesn't get "stuck" while moving it.

post-8870-0-67861900-1369283646_thumb.jp

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”