Worst virus you have ever gotten

legend8887

I don't remember what the virus was called, but basically it rendered my desktop unusable, made all my files hidden and prevented my from starting any programs. I managed to boot into safe mode however and got IE started and found instructions on how to remove the virus. Took me a few hours but in the end I managed to clean up my system.

ravmon.exe ,will never forget this f*king thing!

It edited every single .exe file so it would not run anymore. Fortuinatly windows kept working, it took me actually a week before i figured out it was a virus :D

Also, every edited .exe could not be fixed, so every single program and game, broken...

It was more than 4 years ago i had it, and i still have some "marks" left of it (some broken games...)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Only got a virus once, back in 1994, while attending San Jose City College in San Jose, CA.

There was a computer at the entry door to the computer lab in the CIS building. Every student using the lab was required to run a virus scan on their 3.5" floppy disks when entering the lab. Well, every student that scanned their disks for viruses ended up getting the Michelangelo virus from the virus scanning computer (DOH!). Anyone un-lucky enough to turn their computer on March 6th had their data made inaccessable. The virus overwrote the MBR with zeroes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelangelo_%28computer_virus%29

I got some viruses before but it was on a crappy hp 1.8ghz pentium laptop but it doesn't matter anymore cause it's broken.

The worst virus I had was installing Norton Antivirus. This thing doesn't even allow me to open my dvd drive....lol

I one was looking for a Macintosh theme for Windows 7. Black screened and restarted Windows. I still wonder how OEM windows survived after that

The worst virus I had was installing Norton Antivirus. This thing doesn't even allow me to open my dvd drive....lol

Norton is dog shite anyways

backdoor.tidserv Just a backdoor virus that makes web links redirect to advertising sites. Impossible for me to get rid of so I formatted :P

Now I run GNU/Linux Mint 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

My parents' main computer got hit with the April Fool's day virus back in 2009 (Conficker Cabal)

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking