New Headphones or More Steam Games?

rambi36

I'm getting about $150 from my Grandma for bringing my Sister to day camp and I'm wondering should I buy some Audiotechnica ATH M50s or work on filling up my steam library with some games?  Here's my steam profile so you can check out what games I own. I wanna save the $60 out of the $150 for GTA V if I go the Steam route. 

Life.exe is missing

I'm getting about $150 from my Grandma for bringing my Sister to day camp and I'm wondering should I buy some Audiotechnica ATH M50s or work on filling up my steam library with some games?  Here's my steam profile so you can check out what games I own. I wanna save the $60 out of the $150 for GTA V if I go the Steam route. 

Depends what headphones you have now. The M50s are amazing. I love mine

"Rawr XD"

Depends what headphones you have now. The M50s are amazing. I love mine

Right now I'm using a Razer Kraken Pro Headset

Life.exe is missing

Get more games, but save some money for the headphones. Headphones are good, but you need to have content first.

i'm a potato

Get more games, but save some money for the headphones. Headphones are good, but you need to have content first.

this ^^^

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

I'd say headphones, but not m50s. Those are overpriced. With $150 I'd look into used DT770 or DT990 Beyerdynamics or if you are set on Audiotechnica, go for the m40x instead. 

I personally would say to get the headphones since they'd be used basically 24/7 until they finally die. While a game is fun until you beat the storyline, run out of stuff to do online/offline, and just lose interest...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I'd wait til the winter/fall sale to buy some steam games, if you think you'll make some more money between now and Spetember/Novemeber I'd go for the Headphones, the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros are my top reccomendation as a starter pair (http://dft.ba/-ascr) if you see them on Massdrop.com for under $150 get them

What's more important to you? If you listen to a lot of music, you should get equipment that reproduces in a way you really enjoy. If you like playing lots of different games and are bored with the ones you have, well, duh.

Save 20-50$ and wait on the next sale. Then buy some good cans with the 100$.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.