Will "Project CARS" be the new Crysis of racing games?

Kukielka

NO!

you are wrong. AC is best sim currently available with nice graphics. But you forget that best sim != best graphics. That's why rfactor is the best sim ever! and yes it's old but you can mod it so graphics will be pretty good, and you can mod whole car as you wish, you can add your own racing streets, places, fuck it rfactor is THE BEST SIM EVER!!!!

It was the best sim ever. They physics and FFB systems are outdated now though and it just cannot compete with newer offerings. If they where still the best ISI wouldn't have bothered making rF2.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

A year or so ago maybe yes, but right now the physics is just amazing. Too bad it lack good contents and modders prefer AC more imo.

I haven't played it in a while so i'll maybe try it again. It's such a pain having to download all the tracks and cars separately and then manually installing them though.

The Terrible HP

i dont see Mt Panorama anywhere on AC site, cant be that good if it doesn't have that track

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

AC?

Air Condition. It's this new super cool fighting game where you play as a dude which struggles to get the Air Conditioner in the office working and the whole game is 6 hours of QTEs.

Just kidding :) It stands for "Asseto Corsa" which is a similar game.

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

you think my dual 6950's will work fine? (2GB vRAM)

Are your 6950's 2GB each, or 1GB each with 2GB total?

The reason I ask is because the amount of VRAM you have accessible in SLI/CFX solutions is still only the amount of one card. So if your 6950's have 1GB each, then your total VRAM amount is still only 1GB when in CFX. This is something that gets misrepresented a lot and thus a lot of people simply don't realize it.

If your cards are 2GB each, then you're probably good to go! Don't know if they'll be able to max the game out mind you, but it'll definitely be enough to play it at decent quality.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Assetto Corsa > Project Cars

You played both ? So how's the physics between the two ? And graphically ?

You played both ? So how's the physics between the two ? And graphically ?

Project cars for the graphics and Assetto Corsa for the physics. Obviously PCars still has time to change it's physics and the devs are changing them every week. Time will tell what it turn out like. For now it still has a shift 2 type feel to it but it is getting better.

The Terrible HP

Project cars for the graphics and Assetto Corsa for the physics. Obviously PCars still has time to change it's physics and the devs are changing them every week. Time will tell what it turn out like. For now it still has a shift 2 type feel to it but it is getting better.

Never played Shift 2. The most arcade racing game I would have played would be the Dirt serie. How is it compared to that ?

Never played Shift 2. The most arcade racing game I would have played would be the Dirt serie. How is it compared to that ?

Well Dirt is an off-road game so you cannot compare.

The Terrible HP

Project CARS= SHIFT 2 with more detailed graphics and enhanced handling for more "simulation" feeling!

DiRT= it's very arcadish, all Codemasters games are arcadish except for some titles like F1 and GRID Autosport, they are between arcade and simulation!

Richard Burns Rally with RSRBR mods, tracks addons and cars addons= the best rally simulation nowadays in spite of it being released in 2004! It's just a dazzling sim!

Assetto Corsa= the best racing sim you should consider to play, it's in early access stage otherwise alpha stage and it lacks cars and tracks but you should wait till it's complete in order to beat the shit out of Project CARS!

if you want more detailed textures and graphics, go for Project CARS! 

If you want to enjoy the real simulation and good-looking graphics, AC is the one to consider!

I kind of doubt it will be like crysis was at the time. In fact I doubt any game will do that again.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

If it really was the next Crysis, we would have to wait 5 years until single GPU solutions can max the game out :3.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

I don't get why people complain about the ram specs, a 8 or 16 gb kit really is not that expensive.

I don't get why people complain about the ram specs, a 8 or 16 gb kit really is not that expensive.

I didn't really see any complaints about the RAM on here? But in any case, 8GB is basically standard for a gaming PC these days. And as you say, RAM is super cheap to upgrade (compared to basically any other upgrade in the PC).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Either this game has made use of hyper threading since its recommending an i7 for this game or they are just recommend it just cause its an i7.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Inb4: Ubisoft buys Slightly Mad and decreases PC raphics to match next gen consoles.

they'll probably do the same thing to the crew

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb