Dell Laptop Isn't Working

So I have this Dell Inspiron 15-3521 and when I tried turning it on it showed a black screen and made four thunk/beeping sounds and then it would stop and make the sound again two more times. I searched it up online and found that it could've possibly been a "memory failure beep code" so I tried accessing the memory but the screws wouldn't come loose. What should I do? What could've caused this? Is it actually memory failure?

Edited by TwistyProduct9

It could also be a broken mobo.

So I have this Dell Inspiron 15-3521 and when I tried turning it on it showed a black screen and made four thunk/beeping sounds and then it would stop and make the sound again two more times. I searched it up online and found that it could've possibly been a "memory failure beep code" so I tried accessing the memory but the screws wouldn't come loose. What should I do? What could've caused this? Is it actually memory failure?

It most likely is a bad memory chip. Why can't you get the screws out? are they stripped? The only thing you can really do is to try it with just one memory chip at a time to rule out which one is failing (assuming there are two of them).

It most likely is a bad memory chip. Why can't you get the screws out? are they stripped? The only thing you can really do is to try it with just one memory chip at a time to rule out which one is failing (assuming there are two of them).

When I try taking the screws out it comes out then like goes back in. It doesnt even get loose.

When I try taking the screws out it comes out then like goes back in. It doesnt even get loose.

I assume you're talking about the screws to get the cover off the bottom of the laptop? Sometimes the screws are made to not ever come completely out of the cover, so you can loosen them but they don't fall out. If they don't even get loose I imagine the threads are stripped or what ever they are screwed into broke off, so I would assume either way the cover should still come off. Sometimes they are a bit tricky to get off with the clips on the sides, takes a bit of force sometimes.

Whats a mobo? :P

IF you are joking lol

IF not its short for a motherboard.

(I just don't want to be a jerk and not answer if you are being serious :) )

IF you are joking lol

IF not its short for a motherboard.

(I just don't want to be a jerk and not answer if you are being serious :) )

I had a feeling it was short for motherboard. xD

I assume you're talking about the screws to get the cover off the bottom of the laptop? Sometimes the screws are made to not ever come completely out of the cover, so you can loosen them but they don't fall out. If they don't even get loose I imagine the threads are stripped or what ever they are screwed into broke off, so I would assume either way the cover should still come off. Sometimes they are a bit tricky to get off with the clips on the sides, takes a bit of force sometimes.

Yeah the cover that leads to the ram stick. The screws dont get loose.

Thanks for your guy's help!

Oh, one more question... What could of caused this to happen?

Depends, RAM just sometimes go bad after time, not really sure what causes it. Also if you want to fix this you're going to have to find a way to get the screws out, just saying. There's no reason why they shouldn't come out, are you sure you have the right sized screwdriver and aren't just stripping them?

Depends, RAM just sometimes go bad after time, not really sure what causes it. Also if you want to fix this you're going to have to find a way to get the screws out, just saying. There's no reason why they shouldn't come out, are you sure you have the right sized screwdriver and aren't just stripping them?

Ah, okay. Yeah the screw driver fits but it still might be stripping em. I'll try to find a screw driver the fits perfectly.

It's possible that the RAM just came unseated. When you pop open the RAM panel, make sure it's seated properly.

It's possible that the RAM just came unseated. When you pop open the RAM panel, make sure it's seated properly.

Okay, I'll make sure everything is in place. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Whats a mobo? :P

That's my new sig quote

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.