NVIDIA not nVidia

CowsGoRoar

A big pet peeve of mine is when someone says nVidia, not NVIDIA. Back then when nVidia was making their products with PNY, it was nVidia, but at some point, they separated into its own company into NVIDIA. Even their Facebook page is NVIDIA.

you must have a good life, if that's something that annoys you.

Pet peeve, but it's not something that taps my OCD.

you must have a good life, if that's something that annoys you.

Well put

Its all looks these days

I bet you like this too.

I like laughing at the guys who don't know that it's now AMD.

How the hell did they come up with the name in the first place? Jensen huang must've been drunk when he was mentioning his marketing strategy.

Details separate people.

I used to type nVidia until I got my 760, when I noticed on the box that they changed it.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

How the hell did they come up with the name in the first place? Jensen huang must've been drunk when he was mentioning his marketing strategy.

"it's good at both computing n' vidya games"

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

I used to type nVidia until I got my 760, when I noticed on the box that they changed it.

And that is why I am posting this. I want everyone to know the history of NVIDIA, and why everyone should stop saying nVidia. It's like saying Ehv Gah, not EE VEE JEE AYY.

mbofos. 

It's amazing what kind of difference a cm can make when typing on a keyboard xD

I just write nvidia or possibly Nvidia if it's at the start of a sentence.

AMD is all big letters though. Otherwise it feels like i've just misspelled "and"

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

And that is why I am posting this. I want everyone to know the history of NVIDIA, and why everyone should stop saying nVidia. It's like saying Ehv Gah, not EE VEE JEE AYY.

IIRC NCIX still spells "EVGA" as "eVGA"

You've got a big life ahead of you

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

I love the ATi R9 295x2.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

IIRC NCIX still spells "EVGA" as "eVGA"

Yeah. NCIX isn't really knowledgeable either tbh. Their staff will give you shit information. Like this guy that told me AMD will make your electricity bill go higher, so I should get Intel. And he said something about power supply efficiency, he said this common misconception.

I love the ATi R9 295x2.

I know you know, no need to try to piss me off. I made it clear already.

Btw, I liked the nVidia GTX 460.

I still refer to AMD's cards as ATi out of habit.

ia2aG0n.png?1

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Yeah. NCIX isn't really knowledgeable either tbh. Their staff will give you shit information. Like this guy that told me AMD will make your electricity bill go higher, so I should get Intel. And he said something about power supply efficiency, he said this common misconception.

probably a new guy or someone from the wrong department, I usually hear good things about nCIX

Not sure if it's been pointed out, but I'm pretty sure it's actually NVidia.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

probably a new guy or someone from the wrong department, I usually hear good things about nCIX

Nope. He's a fat guy that was there since I was 12 years old. 2 years later and he's still sitting there selling Intel because everyone believes that it saves more money compared to AMD.

DID YOU JUST. nCIX? DID YOU.

Nope. He's a fat guy that was there since I was 12 years old. 2 years later and he's still sitting there selling Intel because everyone believes that it saves more money compared to AMD.

DID YOU JUST. nCIX? DID YOU.

yOLO