The best scenes out of the entire matrix series

Sammael

Many of you were nothing but toddlers when this came out in the late 90s, so I need to make sure you are up to date on the greatest scene of all.

There is a moment just a bit of the way into the clip, after the bullets are stopped and fall to the ground, where agent Smith rushes at Neo.  What's the big deal?  Just a few swings you say?  No.  It's how it was executed.  Neo was visibly not even trying, the agent was giving it all his strength and speed, and Neo turns to the side with a single hand, as if he was swatting away the blows of a sloth.  As the scene switches to full speed, we see the effortless contrast of power.  He is so far beyond the agent it's like seeing a god among insects.

For this reason, it is the greatest scene in the entire series.  That scene, above all others, conveyed godhood, power so far beyond those around him you could do nothing but drop down on bended knee and swear fealty to Neo.

I am a power whore, with an insane god complex, so this appeals to me.  For most of you, this is probably not so, that is why most of you pick boring plane jane soldiers in games like mass effect.  The most brutish gutter level grunt is what you tend to latch onto.  But know this.  Every once in a long while TRUE power is on display, and this is a clear example.  Watch it, and know how inferior the other aspects you cling to are in comparison.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I've watched the whole Matrix trilogy, and I don't get why everyone liked it so much.

Maybe I should rewatch it or something.

If you have a god complex, watch Death Note. You'll love the protagonist.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

You have a pretty good knack for sounding condescending in every post you make.

• Posts everything from the 80s-90s era    Check
  • Thinks everyone missed out opportunities from that era   Check
  • Doesn't see the flawed notion of that    Check
  • Proceeds to belittle everyone else born after the 90s    Check

Could you tell your grandfather to write us some wonderful stories about the lessons and values he learnt from the WWII era please? Oh also how we truly missed out on the telegraph age.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

You have a pretty good knack for sounding condescending in every post you make.

• Posts everything from the 80s-90s era    Check
  • Thinks everyone missed out opportunities from that era   Check
  • Doesn't see the flawed notion of that    Check
  • Proceeds to belittle everyone else born after the 90s    Check

Could you tell your grandfather to write us some wonderful stories about the lessons and values he learnt from the WWII era please? Oh also how we truly missed out on the telegraph age.

That's the fun of arguing over taste, there is no true objective standard, but instead of just staying quite and meek you make your wild eyed case yelling into the wind.  It's like trying to sweep the desert.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

That's the fun of arguing over taste, there is no true objective standard, but instead of just staying quite and meek you make your wild eyed case yelling into the wind.  It's like trying to sweep the desert.

I wasn't merely talking about this post.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

that is why most of you pick boring plane jane soldiers in games like mass effect.  

65 wats

I remember seeing the Matrix when it came out. My thoughts were

1: Why the hell is it rated R

2: Why the hell is the acting so bad

3: Why the hell can't I fight like that

Didn't see the other two, heard from my friend they weren't any good. Aside from the new-fangled camera shots I didn't understand the hype, I guess the idea that we're all in a coma was the equivalent to today's zombie apocalypse. That and I was just getting into Harry Potter so all else was falling away.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Its a very ground breaking trilogy. I used to watch it all every year over summer with a friend, including the Animatrix.

Its about what happens when ai runs rampant deeming us no longer necessary for them to function, well in a way. The irony ends up being that they're still using us.

I need to track down the BD set and watch it again.

For this reason, it is the greatest scene in the entire series.  That scene, above all others, conveyed godhood, power so far beyond those around him you could do nothing but drop down on bended knee and swear fealty to Neo.

I am a power whore, with an insane god complex, so this appeals to me.  For most of you, this is probably not so, that is why most of you pick boring plane jane soldiers in games like mass effect.  The most brutish gutter level grunt is what you tend to latch onto.  But know this.  Every once in a long while TRUE power is on display, and this is a clear example.  Watch it, and know how inferior the other aspects you cling to are in comparison.

Careful with all that edge dear, nearly cut myself on it.

The first movie wasn't bad, the rest felt like fan service.

The first movie wasn't bad, the rest felt like fan service.

How so, they finished the story...

How so, they finished the story...

They did, I just felt like they didn't need to continue after the first. And when they did there were a lot of CGI showcases, great eye candy for the times. That's what I remember from the later movies, chase scenes and fight scenes. Did they help tell the story? Not so much, in my opinion.

My favorite scene is the fight for zion with the big mech robots, soooo much giant robot gunfire.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They did, I just felt like they didn't need to continue after the first. And when they did there were a lot of CGI showcases, great eye candy for the times. That's what I remember from the later movies, chase scenes and fight scenes. Did they help tell the story? Not so much, in my opinion.

They needed to get through the story somehow and that was their way of doing it. I mean it is a movie its meant to entertain people.

So how would you have chosen to tell the story without all of that?

Lobby scene.

Edit: Now with more link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEuZgK669zY

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

They needed to get through the story somehow and that was their way of doing it. I mean it is a movie its meant to entertain people.

So how would you have chosen to tell the story without all of that?

They were entertaining, just in a different way. "Those amazing fights helped tell the story" versus "The story allowed for some amazing fights" is the difference I see.

I don't think the story was deserving of a trilogy. I would have left the first movie alone.