DDR4 ECC RAM now available for purchase!

VSG

US: Newegg (also on Amazon but their search function sucks- use a browser extension like Hover Hound to go from the Newegg product listing to the Amazon product listing)

Norway: Komplett

Pretty sure it will be selling in most countries soon. Now, there are no currently available motherboards with DDR4 support and these are server grade sticks so don't go by the price. DDR3 ECC is similarly priced too, albeit at a slower frequency/lower latency/higher voltage.

This is indicative of Haswell-E launching soon, and the prices for DDR4 might actually be reasonable after all.

I think DDR4 ECC RAM has been available for while, if I'm not mistaken.

It's the Non-ECC stuff we're waiting for.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Not in the US from what I can see, the Norway link has been active for pre-order but now it is in stock.

2133? no thanks. price isn't THAT bad

Don't forget the ddr4 motherboards :P  (Have x99 boards from the beginning on ddr4 slots/support?)

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd

Only real advantage is voltage being lower. Frequency/CAS latency is actually worse now. Maybe in a while when we will be using 64gb modules ddr4 will be good. Now no one should be worried about it.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Only real advantage is voltage being lower. Frequency/CAS latency is actually worse now. Maybe in a while when we will be using 64gb modules ddr4 will be good. Now no one should be worried about it.

I am kinda looking forward when there ram sticks with more than 8 so you could for example get 4x16GB sticks and copy Battlefield 4 on a ramdisk and it loads faster

2133? no thanks. price isn't THAT bad

Servers don't need all the speed in the world, reliability is a higher priority. 2133 MHz is the default stock frequency for DDR4 unless I am mistaken.

Don't forget the ddr4 motherboards :P  (Have x99 boards from the beginning on ddr4 slots/support?)

Ya, all x99 boards will only support DDR4.

Servers don't need all the speed in the world, reliability is a higher priority. 2133 MHz is the default stock frequency for DDR4 unless I am mistaken.

Ya, all x99 boards will only support DDR4.

but but we have 3200 drr3 you can use..

At what latencies though? Also, getting those speeds is contingent on your CPU and motherboard being able to handle it too. I have seen peopel buy 2800+ MHz kits and then complain they can't run it at those speeds :P

So I'm just guessing these wouldn't work in my z97 board that's in the mail

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

lol, I thought the best ddr3 has 2400mhz

At what latencies though? Also, getting those speeds is contingent on your CPU and motherboard being able to handle it too. I have seen peopel buy 2800+ MHz kits and then complain they can't run it at those speeds :P

I have a 2400 kite but only runs at 1333 YOLO

Nope, z170 for Skylake is supposed to introduce support for it in the mainstream sector.

damn

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have a 2400 kite but only runs at 1333 YOLO

do you atleast run it at like cl4 :D

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Ehh. Ill wait until the non-ECC comes out and also comes down in price as well. Does anyone know when the DDR4 is coming down the pipe line? I was thinking maybe end of this year mid next year or so. But I guess it wont matter to much, im still loving my DDR3 and prolly wont change until there is some crazy good reason for me to like if it was outdated or something. 

The price for ECC DDR4 is actually pretty reasonable. Maybe the cost of adopting Haswell-E won't be as bad as we were expecting, assuming non-ECC memory prices don't go much above $12-$14/GB (DDR3 is under $10)

3200 MHz CL14 is the same latency as 1600 MHz CL7... just sayin'

The increase in CL only affects small data transfers. For bulk data movement in memory, 3200 MHz is so much faster, despite the CL increase

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking