8GB of VRAM on a LAPTOP!?!?

vt3c

Holy cow you guys, it'll cost pretty much your entire host of delicate human organs but it can be yours. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=34-152-600

Friend sent me this and I nearly puked. 

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

@Snickerzz 

That avatar. ;)

OT: who needs that?

People who sit alone all day and don't want to upgrade for the next 10 years. Good freaking god that thing is either heavenly or a catastrophe. 

And thank you :3

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

What  :blink:  :blink: that is useless and I don't anyone to say will watch dogs is Vram hungry will watch dogs is not optimized  and the graphics are bad I know about the mod 2gb is enough for 1080 one monitor gaming.

People who sit alone all day and don't want to upgrade for the next 10 years. Good freaking god that thing is either heavenly or a catastrophe.

And thank you :3

there is not future-proof you may have to upgrade in the next 2 years If you want to get the most out of your money make your cost efficiency high very very high

Those who like having as much power as humanely possible on the go and honestly like to keep their tech lasting as long as possible?

My i7-27whatever, 16GB of ram and 1GB 6770m are still pounding along just fine, sure the gaming is starting to hurt but for work tasks and rendering I'm still doing well.

Who said laptops have to just be cheap crap with meh specs? Some people, myself included, would love this. But not me right now. My current hunk of metal is still doing just fine, and will stay that way for at least a few more years.

I bursted out laughing seeing how it only has a 1080p monitor and a single 880m to utilize the whole 8GB of VRAM.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I bursted out laughing seeing how it only has a 1080p monitor and a single 880m to utilize the whole 8GB of VRAM.

I know! xD

Those who like having as much power as humanely possible on the go and honestly like to keep their tech lasting as long as possible?

My i7-27whatever, 16GB of ram and 1GB 6770m are still pounding along just fine, sure the gaming is starting to hurt but for work tasks and rendering I'm still doing well.

Who said laptops have to just be cheap crap with meh specs? Some people, myself included, would love this. But not me right now. My current hunk of metal is still doing just fine, and will stay that way for at least a few more years.

I agree with this. But as linus has stated in his video on the r7 240x, there's a sweet spot. Right in the middle. Something like the G550JK is right in that sweet spot. You get a fast CPU, an ample graphics card, a 1080p IPS screen and a really /really/ good sound system. With that $2700 laptop you get pretty much the same stuff.

There's a spot where you spend a certain amount and get what you pay for. In this case you're paying way too much for the hardware included. Of course it shines and pukes rainbows of course but for half the price you could have gotten something that plays just as well currently.

http://youtu.be/sph6cjJeRdI?t=1m33s

Linus you are correct.

Your i7 laptop was right in the sweetspot. fine choice m'boy.

I bought an overpriced gaming laptop 9 years ago for $2100. video card had 128MB of ram, OS was 32bit windows xp using 2GB of system ram and 100GB hard drive. people told me I was absolutely nuts for having 2GB of system ram (16 times more than video ram). It was obsolete in 2 weeks... although I just replaced it 3 months ago.. so it served as a netbook/word processor for a good few years lol.

However, I see the above being relevant for quite a while, and well worth the money for what it gives you - compared to how much of a rip off gaming laptops used to be.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Yup. The GPU is available in 4GB and 8GB model.

The 880M is a Kepler GPU (780M).

Holy fucking balls... That's a lot of chocolate VRAM.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

There's quite a few brands out there with the 8GB version of the 880M. In fact, for whatever reason, I believe the only socketed 800-series mobile GPUs are the ones with double the VRAM (4GB 860M, 6GB 870M, 8GB 880M)

@Snickerzz 

That avatar. ;)

OT: who needs that?

i already know :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

There is version of this laptop with a better CPU and 32 GB of RAM rather than 24 AND a third 128 GB SSD.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

the GT70 is overweight

the GT60 will make sense

and there is a 3K res version

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT60_2PE_Dominator_3K_Edition.html#hero-overview

I love Dragons...

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.