How does this look for a mining rig?

A bit ghetto, but it'll get the job done  :) 

Intel Celeron G1610 Dual Core
Gigabyte B75M-D3H mobo

Antec Earthwatts 650W
ATI Radeon 5870

Deskstar 7200rpm HDD

And for a case, I plan on making one out of a milk crate, and I'll be throwing in 2 extra 120mm fans for extra cooling

Also, would my PSU hold up if I get another 5870(Crossfire)

If my calculations are correct, I'll be hashing at around 420Mh/s with the single 5870

And my revenue would be around 0.5664 BTC every month..

I'm kindof a noob with bitcoins, so any help is muc appreciated  :D 

How much is your budget? 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

How much is your budget? 

Pretty tight, and it'll be ~$375 for the components I listed

And I won't be paying for power, so that's not a problem :)

I basically need to keep it as cheap as possible

I basically need to keep it as cheap as possible

Get a h61h2-m2 board? 

If you are on a budget go for an AMD based system. :P 

Check the link! 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YNOA

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

Get a h61h2-m2 board? 

If you are on a budget go for an AMD based system. :P

Check the link! 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YNOA

The 6770 only hashes at about 220Mh/s :(

Whereas the 5870 is sitting around 420Mh/s

just put another 5870 if you are just going to use it for mining memory bandwidth or better cpu is not what you need  

and yes it seems like psu will be enough

Edited by Levent

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yeah, it's gonna be mining 24/7, I don't have any plans to use it for anything else

and awesome, because I impulsively bought that PSU when it was on sale :)

Yeah, it's gonna be mining 24/7, I don't have any plans to use it for anything else

and awesome, because I impulsively bought that PSU when it was on sale :)

you can also underclock your cpu to save some extra power for overclocking gpu's (also underclocking memory seemed to help people with less temps but i cant confirm that it made 0 difference even with no airflow in my case)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I really think you should reconsider getting into this http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

is a great way to check and difficulty is going to really start getting high by Agust I think it will be around 50M with all the ASICs shipping out.

I bought the 5Gh/s from BFL and I hope they start shipping bulk soon.

Once that happens GPU mining wont be worth the time or money really

if you can source out the rest of the parts dirt cheep like check cregslist and get everything but the GPU and PSU off of there and you might be able to make some money after 2 monthes but this is what I think. You should be able to find a PC with ok air flow and a PCIx16 slot nice and cheep.

Im kinda skeptical about the whole BFL ordeal, it makes me wonder if they'll EVER start shipping them  :unsure:

Im kinda skeptical about the whole BFL ordeal, it makes me wonder if they'll EVER start shipping them  :unsure:

yeah i would go for graphics card with that money and if you stop one day you will still 2 cards that you can use 

A bit ghetto, but it'll get the job done  :) 

Intel Celeron G1610 Dual Core

Gigabyte B75M-D3H mobo

Antec Earthwatts 650W

ATI Radeon 5870

Deskstar 7200rpm HDD

And for a case, I plan on making one out of a milk crate, and I'll be throwing in 2 extra 120mm fans for extra cooling

Also, would my PSU hold up if I get another 5870(Crossfire)

If my calculations are correct, I'll be hashing at around 420Mh/s with the single 5870

And my revenue would be around 0.5664 BTC every month..

I'm kindof a noob with bitcoins, so any help is muc appreciated  :D

Your rig is good to start with.... the psu is good for x2 5870 (for mining you dont need to use crossfire)

if you want you can use linux on a usb stick and safe the hdd.

when ASIC's arrive in BTC you can just switch to LTC.

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!