Asus Founder and Group acquire Forbes Media

[joking]Maybe this is why Forbes was able to get a sample and do a written review of the R9 295 x2....[/joking]

In November last year, we reported about the planned sale of Forbes Media LLC for just $400 million. Today the Forbes family sold a majority stake in the company in a move the family says will help it further increase market share of the existing Forbes Media product lines in media, digital, technology, as well as brand extensions.

The undisclosed agreement was sealed by an unknown Hong Kong-based investor group known as Integrated Whale Media Investments. IWMI is led by Integrated Asset Management (Asia) Limited which was founded by Tak Cheung Yam, is a Hong Kong-based investment company and Wayne Hsieh, Co-Founder of ASUSTeK Computer Inc..

Upon closing, Elevation Partners will fully exit its investment in Forbes Media. Forbes Media will use the funds as expansion and operational capital to reach more people. At the moment the firm reaches approximately 75 million people worldwide via print, digital, TV, conferences, research, social and mobile each month.

Forbes Media LLC will retain its operating name and will remain a privately-held, independent company headquartered in the U.S. Steve Forbes will maintain his role as Chairman and Editor-in-Chief, and current President and CEO Mike Perlis will continue to lead the company’s management team. Forbes Media’s Asian business will continue to be directed out of Singapore under Forbes Media CEO/Asia Will Adamopoulos. The company plans to launch ForbesLife.com in September 2014.

http://techmoran.com/asus-founder-group-acquire-forbes-media/

This is asus, putting more money into marketing which is already extremely good instead of putting money into better testing services for their motherboards and gpus before they leave the factory. Maybe they should the vrm issue which is still present, maybe they should solve the issue which had allowed the gpu heatsink to not be seated correctly three generations in a row and lastly customer service, fix that shit asap, its letting you down big time. Companies like gigabyte and msi are catching up extremely fast in sales, they both have better customer services and reliable, they then go out to the world to explain their testing before their products leave the factories. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I don't get why Asus would spend MORE on marketing, rather than dumping it in to production or, hell, I don't know... SUPPORT? Their support has a tendency to not be the greatest at times, and the "you have to call, we don't do support over email or form-submission etc"-policy is sort of disliked by a lot of people. so, there's that.

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

This is asus, putting more money into marketing which is already extremely good instead of putting money into better testing services for their motherboards and gpus before they leave the factory. Maybe they should the vrm issue which is still present, maybe they should solve the issue which had allowed the gpu heatsink to not be seated correctly three generations in a row and lastly customer service, fix that shit asap, its letting you down big time. Companies like gigabyte and msi are catching up extremely fast in sales, they both have better customer services and reliable, they then go out to the world to explain their testing before their products leave the factories. 

I don't get why Asus would spend MORE on marketing, rather than dumping it in to production or, hell, I don't know... SUPPORT? Their support has a tendency to not be the greatest at times, and the "you have to call, we don't do support over email or form-submission etc"-policy is sort of disliked by a lot of people. so, there's that.

I think just the guy who co founded ASUSTek bought it, not the company ASUSTek.

I think just the guy who co founded ASUSTek bought it, not the company ASUSTek.

Hope so, because it would seem rather silly otherwise

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."