Edward Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy'

I wouldn't even care.

I have music,some blender projects and some software.

Nothing I would really care about

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I wouldn't even care.

I have music,some blender projects and some software.

Nothing I would really care about

good for you

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

good for you

Some other people aren't this lucky though...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Some other people aren't this lucky though...

Anyone who stores sensitive information online is asking for trouble. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

but as i mentioned in the starting post - i don´t think it is about the quality of the cloud-stored data but about our right of privacy as a principal and in my opinion we should avoid every company which spurns this right.

but as i mentioned in the starting post - i don´t think it is about the quality of the cloud-stored data but about our right of privacy as a principal.

Yeah yeah.

Our privacy has been nothing for a long time.

They don't even care.

which is why I use BitTorrent Sync.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

@ Nineshadow: Probably they will care if most of their customers leave to another company? Most companies are nothing without their customers.

Next to my automatic camera upload i just store unimportant stuff in my dropbox, like my Bachelor's thesis. :P

Maybe i should clean that mess up :D

who cares...

And this is why I set up my own freenas server :D I still have to set it up so that I can have more than just Bittorrent Sync for accessing it over the internet but overall everything should work nicely :P

@ Nineshadow: Probably they will care if most of their customers leave to another company? Most companies are nothing without their customers.

Considering most people still use Facebook, should tell you how little people really care about their privacy.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I dont trust a SINGLE website online, and I don't care WHO they are. It's all monitored, whether it be a VPN or proxy.

Everything is controlled. There is no freedom. 

If you didn't see this coming the second Condoleezza Rice took over it, then you only have yourself to blame.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I dont trust a SINGLE website online, and I don't care WHO they are. It's all monitored, whether it be a VPN or proxy.

Everything is controlled. There is no freedom.

Except for the fact that they don't care for your private information etc

Also: not again one of these... You are all acting like you're building shit to blow up america. The government or whoever controls all this shit doesn't give two fucks about the information or other things of 99% of the people.

I always figured Drop Box wasn't the most secure place to put things. I don't put things I don't expect to be public up there because I use the thing as a quick filesharing system anyway. I've sent people synth presets and stuff, pictures, video's. Everything I wanna just toss into a folder quickly and let it sync so they can get it whenever. Never bothered to post anything on there that I wanted to be private info lol.

I use dropbox for stuff that i make for others, mainly youtube logo's, banners, thumbnails, etc. So it really doesn't effect me.

That being said, when people ask me if cloud storage is good/safe, I tell people to avoid it. I lost too many photos in the whole megaupload ordeal, now I just have photos backed up onto a couple of spare 500gb hdd's. It's cheaper than having to pay for premium services to these websites and I know that i'm not selling the information stored inside the harddrives and/or being forced to give the contents of the harddrive to the nsa.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

i give a shit about Dropbox, their service is terrible here worst that 10kbps downloads regardless nothing sensible should be stored online at most I have some pictures I took with the phone in google drive

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here