£700 Gaming/Light Editing PC

If you're getting a new Nvidia GPU you might just want to use shadow play instead of Fraps.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

If you're getting a new Nvidia GPU you might just want to use shadow play instead of Fraps.

Alrighty, thanks

Although a slightly bigger SSD would be cool as I could tell Fraps to save the files to the SSD (I'm going to presume that'll help a bit), but 120GB SSD's are a bit pricey for me when I'd only use a bit of the storage knowing me

Just use Nvidia Shadowplay or AMD GVR

My personal rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/139780-zalman-my-first-build/

I use it partially as a Hackintosh. Don't judge me.

An r9 270x is a 1080p monster, for the money that you spend on it. You won't find much better performance for a sub 300 dollar card. Check out a video that Jayztwocents did on his Gigabyte Windforce Edition. With a 270 or 270x your going to be driving that FPS right around, if not above in some cases, where the monitor is capable of displaying.

Also, make sure you know what your getting into with a mechanical keyboard. They are loud and clicky, but your less likey to miss keystrokes or have typos with them. Do some research on the types of switches. Reds are linear, geared for gaming; Blues and Greens, are heavy and clicky. Blacks and Browns are lighter and less clicky. Mechanical keyboards are great, but just be prepared for some added noise whilst typing and gaming. If you have a headset.. then well.... screw it I guess.

MSI twin frozr 270

http://youtu.be/VMiUx5rbx6I

and heres the Windforce 270x

Hi!

I'm part of a group of gaming YouTubers, who we are is irrelevant really but all that is needed to know is that I'm using one of the most underpowered PC's in the group (and one of us still uses Vista so that's saying something). I'm working on (hopefully) getting another PC so that I can do more gaming with fraps running in the background (although I may look at bandicam or something) and so I can edit my videos semi-fast. That being said, the editing isn't that important as I can just render the files on another computer through my network. I'd like to know if the specs are alright for gaming and stuff like that.

Anyway, enough of my blabbering on, here are the potential specs:

• CPU = AMD Athlon X4 760 Black Edition 3.8GHz 4MB Cache
  • RAM = 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory
  • Mobo = Asrock FM2A75 Pro4+ Socket FM2+ 7.1 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard
  • GPU = Gigabyte GTX 760 OC Windforce 2GB VRAM
  • SSD = Kingston SSDNow S200 30GB SATA3 2.5 Inch SSD
  • HDD = Toshiba 2TB Internal SATA 7200RPM HDD
  • PSU = Corsair CXM 500W Semi Modular 80+ Bronze Power Supply
  • Case = Aerocool GT Advance Mid Tower Black Interior USB3 12cm Red LED Fan Screwless Case
  • VDU = AOC E2250SWDNK 21.5″ LED DVI Monitor
  • OS = Windows 8.1 64-Bit

And because I'm nice I'll add the mouse/keyboard too

• Mouse = Trust GXT 25 Gaming Mouse
  • Keyboard = CM Storm Trigger Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – Cherry MX Black

IMO if you use a lot of keyboard shortcuts then get blues. And I have heard that blacks get annoyingly tiring after a while. But up to you! You don't need such a big SSD here especially if you have to get a non mechanical keyboard. And like people said, get the AMD GPU instead

The mouse that you have on your list is not very good.

I have had it and my brother to. The one that my brother had broke in 3 day's, the scroll wheel is broken and mine is al ready starting to lose the grey paint on the side.

The mouse is also a bit small for my that is not a problem now but in half a year it probebly will be a problem. Al these tings a side the mouse is pretty nice if you have small hand's. 

Why would a sane person spend 100 over a keyboard in a budget?, Just use a membrane one or something

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Why would a sane person spend 100 over a keyboard in a budget?, Just use a membrane one or something

Yeah,I've changed to some random keyboard I found lying around in storage

1. don't get that small ssd. Its to small for windows and theres no caching on your platform.

2. Get a least a intel i5 for editing. they are so much better.

3.Try to upgrade to 16 gb of ram later. Linux and windows cache files you use lots in ram and it can speed up your system lots.