Midrange gaming PC

rabrot

What do you think of this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s9jvdC

It's pushing my budget a bit, but it's not a problem. I'd love to hear your thoughts and whether I should change something to make it better (while keeping the same price or lowering it). I don't know a lot about PC building so some of these parts might not make sense working together. If that's the case, let me know. ;)

Thanks.

its a good build but add a SSD When you can it will make a huge difference

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

What will the SSD improve? They're quite expensive & I'm thinking all of those changes will increase the price.

What will the SSD improve? They're quite expensive & I'm thinking all of those changes will increase the price.

Just boot speed and speed of loading games

while personally I find them necessary they are an option upgrade and will not effect the performance of games

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Decent Build, I would not make any changes unless you want an SSD Drive for faster boots and launching of programs as someone suggested earlier.

So an SSD only improves that? I could live with it. 

What do you guys think of an Sapphire R9 280 Dual-X card instead of the 280X? It's quite cheaper than the latter, but how much will performance suffer? 

So an SSD only improves that? I could live with it. 

What do you guys think of an Sapphire R9 280 Dual-X card instead of the 280X? It's quite cheaper than the latter, but how much will performance suffer? 

SSD is well worth it, believe me. Just put your operating system on it and your most used programs/games and you will be amazed ^^ 

It has about 4 times the read/write speed of a HDD in addition to blazing access speed. 

Now, idk what games you play and stuff, but if you can get your hands on an additional 200$ you will be able to get a very nice machine. 

Your fx6300 will bottleneck you in most games so the 280x is overkill for the build you posted imo. 

I've put something together you won't need to upgrade for a few years, though if you choose to, you only need to switch out the graphics card. 

Like I said, it costs a bit more but it's well worth it. If I were you I'd save up a bit longer and get a proper machine.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sH9RYJ

You could probably get some parts cheaper, a 500W or 550W power supply would be fine, too. 

The define R4 is also a pretty expensive case, you could go with some lower-end solutions like the corsair 200R or something!

SSD is well worth it, believe me. Just put your operating system on it and your most used programs/games and you will be amazed ^^ 

It has about 4 times the read/write speed of a HDD in addition to blazing access speed. 

Now, idk what games you play and stuff, but if you can get your hands on an additional 200$ you will be able to get a very nice machine. 

Your fx6300 will bottleneck you in most games so the 280x is overkill for the build you posted imo. 

I've put something together you won't need to upgrade for a few years, though if you choose to, you only need to switch out the graphics card. 

Like I said, it costs a bit more but it's well worth it. If I were you I'd save up a bit longer and get a proper machine.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sH9RYJ

You could probably get some parts cheaper, a 500W or 550W power supply would be fine, too. 

The define R4 is also a pretty expensive case, you could go with some lower-end solutions like the corsair 200R or something!

I can't spend more than I posted; I just game casually so I don't need a killer PC. 

What about an R9 280 Dual-X instead?

I'll look at other cheaper cases, I agree that his one is expensive. I just wanted a simple minimalistic look and saw this one.

I can't spend more than I posted; I just game casually so I don't need a killer PC. 

What about an R9 280 Dual-X instead?

I'll look at other cheaper cases, I agree that his one is expensive. I just wanted a simple minimalistic look and saw this one.

Well, I guess the build is fine then if you game casually. 

If you want a cheaper graphics card go with the asus r9 280 instead of the 280x. 

How about this then?

Well, I guess the build is fine then if you game casually. 

If you want a cheaper graphics card go with the asus r9 280 instead of the 280x. 

How about this then?

That's what I was thinking too; just the Asus R9 280 is literally almost the same price (maybe a few dollars cheaper) than the 280X from where I'm buying it. And that memory isn't available where I'm buying the parts. The power supply isn't available either. Maybe something different?

That's what I was thinking too; just the Asus R9 280 is literally almost the same price (maybe a few dollars cheaper) than the 280X from where I'm buying it. And that memory isn't available where I'm buying the parts. The power supply isn't available either. Maybe something different?

Where are you buying it from? If the 280 is the same price as the 280x then take the 280x obviously. 

Memory doesn't really matter, just take any major brand 2x4 GB 1600MHz modules. 

Is the Corsair CX500M available? I just took the CX600M because there's like a 2$ difference...

Where are you buying it from? If the 280 is the same price as the 280x then take the 280x obviously. 

Memory doesn't really matter, just take any major brand 2x4 GB 1600MHz modules. 

Is the Corsair CX500M available? I just took the CX600M because there's like a 2$ difference...

There are only a few places I can buy them in my country (Serbia) so I found this one which has reasonable prices

32cO4Qe.png?1?4121

There are the PSU they're offering. I only recognize Seasonic as a good brand (they're the most expensive too). Maybe Cooler Master?

Well, the Asus 280 model is the same price as the Sapphire 280X Dual-X model. All of the Dual-X models are cheaper, could there be something bad about them? 

As with memory, is 8GB the same as 2x4GB? They're only offering Kingston memories of 2x4GB.

There are only a few places I can buy them in my country (Serbia) so I found this one which has reasonable prices

32cO4Qe.png?1?4121

There are the PSU they're offering. I only recognize Seasonic as a good brand (they're the most expensive too). Maybe Cooler Master?

Well, the Asus 280 model is the same price as the Sapphire 280X Dual-X model. All of the Dual-X models are cheaper, could there be something bad about them? 

As with memory, is 8GB the same as 2x4GB? They're only offering Kingston memories of 2x4GB.

Can you show the 500W power supplies they have? 

Sapphire usually makes good cards aswell, there should be nothing "bad" about them. 

When it comes to memory, you want 2 4GB Sticks, that way you have dual channel. So the Kingston memory is fine. 

Can you show the 500W power supplies they have? 

Sapphire usually makes good cards aswell, there should be nothing "bad" about them. 

When it comes to memory, you want 2 4GB Sticks, that way you have dual channel. So the Kingston memory is fine. 

10ojg9i.jpg

Ok, I'll get the Kingston 2x4GB. Do I get the Sapphire 280 or 280X? 

10ojg9i.jpg

I'd take the Thermaltake SE SPS-530m power supply or the cooler master b/g-series. Depends on the price difference. 

Also how much difference is between the 280 and 280x?

I'd take the Thermaltake SE SPS-530m power supply or the cooler master b/g-series. Depends on the price difference. 

Also how much difference is between the 280 and 280x?

The Cooler Master is a bit more expensive, but I'll take that one.

The diff. between 280 & 280x is $70.

10ojg9i.jpg

I guess you're using Emmi.rs O.o There're few of us from Serbia here :D

I'd suggest you go with Sapphire Dual X 280, because it's the cheapest at the moment (Powercolor is actually on sale in Emmi if i'm not mistaken).

EDIT: What's your budget, in RSD O.o

I guess you're using Emmi.rs O.o There're few of us from Serbia here :D

I'd suggest you go with Sapphire Dual X 280, because it's the cheapest at the moment (Powercolor is actually on sale in Emmi if i'm not mistaken).

EDIT: What's your budget, in RSD O.o

I am from Serbia. :) Somewhere around 85k - 90k.

The Cooler Master is a bit more expensive, but I'll take that one.

The diff. between 280 & 280x is $70.

Go with the 280x. 

If the thermaltake 530m is cheaper take that one then ^^

Do you plan on OC'ing the CPU/GPU O.o Do you want that possibility O.o

EDIT: Peripherals, OS, Monitor... Do you need anything of that O.o

I don't plan on OC'ing. The budget is only for the computer itself, of course I'll get everything else too.

Go with the 280x. 

If the thermaltake 530m is cheaper take that one then ^^

I won't be needing the extra wattage? I just thought to be sure by getting the 600W one, because the price difference is really small.

I won't be needing the extra wattage? I just thought to be sure by getting the 600W one, because the price difference is really small.

530W will be totally fine. 

I don't plan on OC'ing. The budget is only for the computer itself, of course I'll get everything else too.

The this would be pretty good :D

and if you want, you can even go with a newer CPU :D

post-75342-0-85631000-1405600559.png

post-75342-0-24020300-1405600566.png

post-75342-0-85631000-1405600559.png

post-75342-0-24020300-1405600566.png

The this would be pretty good :D

and if you want, you can even go with a newer CPU :D

img

img

Well now I have no idea what to do...  :(  :wacko:

Well now I have no idea what to do...  :(  :wacko:

Why O.o 4440 is pretty good for midrange gaming, and with prices here, it's probably the best intel CPU for the money...

Also, in Emmi  you can ask them to build you a PC, for free. I know i asked them that, and they said it was free.

So, what's the problem O.o