Midrange gaming PC

rabrot

Why O.o 4440 is pretty good for midrange gaming, and with prices here, it's probably the best intel CPU for the money...

Also, in Emmi  you can ask them to build you a PC, for free. I know i asked them that, and they said it was free.

So, what's the problem O.o

Because I had that one already made and now you posted this one so I don't know which one is better. :D 

You didn't put a CPU cooler, do I need one? Also, I read AMD is better value for gaming only, Intel is better for gaming + video editing, rendering etc. 

Also, I thought of getting the 280x.

Confused. :blink:

530W will be totally fine. 

Can you help too with the setup Silver Knight has posted? Which one is better? Cause I sure don't know.

Because I had that one already made and now you posted this one so I don't know which one is better. :D

You didn't put a CPU cooler, do I need one? Also, I read AMD is better value for gaming only, Intel is better for gaming + video editing, rendering etc. 

Also, I thought of getting the 280x.

Confused. :blink:

It's true that AMD has better price:performance ratio (the main reason why i'm such a big AMD supporter), but higher end Intel CPU's (I5 and I7) are better than AMD ones.

If you really want an AMD, then you could go with FX 6300, but it's on AM3/+ socket, which is dead, and the new FM2/+ socket doesn't have any high end CPU's...

Intel I5 4440 comes with a cooler, and it's not OC capable (hence the H97 Mobo, which also supports CF), so you don't need a CPU cooler.

If you really want 280x, you can get it, but you can also OC your GPU (like Linus says: "Free performance") to get it to 280x levels, but it also depends on your luck (If you get a good GPU that OC'es well)...

EDIT: You should also follow your own thread, it'll help when you get replies, and you're not quoted.

Can you help too with the setup Silver Knight has posted? Which one is better? Cause I sure don't know.

I would go with the FX6300 CPU for your budget. Intel starts pulling ahead in the higher price-ranges. 

If you don't want to overclock, you can just use the standard cooler that is included, no need for the 212 evo. 

And yeah, you have to choose for yourself if you want the 280 or 280x, but the 280 should be totally fine for that config and you save 70$.

I threw this build together while in work. Would it be ok for you?

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8DxVmG
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8DxVmG/by_merchant/

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cWbVmG
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cWbVmG/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($210.00 @ NCIX US) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($87.74 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper M5 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($128.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital RE2-GP 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.48 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 1GB Video Card  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($62.00 @ Newegg) 
Total: $858.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

If you want you could switch the GPU of an AMD R9 GPU.

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

I would go with the FX6300 CPU for your budget. Intel starts pulling ahead in the higher price-ranges. 

If you don't want to overclock, you can just use the standard cooler that is included, no need for the 212 evo. 

And yeah, you have to choose for yourself if you want the 280 or 280x, but the 280 should be totally fine for that config and you save 70$.

Is there a difference between these RAMs (Hyper X, Hyper X beast, Hyper X CL9, Hyper X C11). The prices are similar.

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper M5 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($128.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital RE2-GP 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.48 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($62.00 @ Newegg) 

I don't think it would, looks too expensive for me & some parts aren't available where I am. Thanks though.

Is there a difference between these RAMs (Hyper X, Hyper X beast, Hyper X CL9, Hyper X C11). The prices are similar.

Not particularly. Just take the one with the best reviews or something ^^

Horribly unbalanced for gaming... And a lot of those parts are a lot more expensive here than in USA... I think we have similar prices to Australia...

Mostly looks are different (and sometimes tested OC capability), but if you're going with RAM, and for gaming, go with 1600MHz CL9 (the lower CAS latency the better :D)

I think this is a pretty solid kit :D

Mostly looks are different (and sometimes tested OC capability), but if you're going with RAM, and for gaming, go with 1600MHz CL9 (the lower CAS latency the better :D)

I think this is a pretty solid kit :D

Yeah, that's the kit I have, too. And you have life-long warranty on those btw. Really nice RAM.

Sweet guys, you've really helped me. 

I'll get an additional CPU cooler (the 212 one) because I may overclock it in the future. Do I need a bigger PSU then? 

Sweet guys, you've really helped me. 

I'll get an additional CPU cooler (the 212 one) because I may overclock it in the future. Do I need a bigger PSU then? 

You can't OC I5 4440, so there's no need for an aftermarket cooler... If you want the build to be OC capable, then switch 4440 with 4670k (it's around 2000 RSD cheaper than 4690k), and go with z97 Mobo, but that will go over your budget...

You can't OC I5 4440, so there's no need for an aftermarket cooler... If you want the build to be OC capable, then switch 4440 with 4670k (it's around 2000 RSD cheaper than 4690k), and go with z97 Mobo, but that will go over your budget...

I was talking about overclocking the FX-6300.

Ok, don't include a SSD. :)

Are you a mind reader O.o I just finished putting everything in to the basket, and just when i can here to post, you said no SSD... And i already put one...

Oh well... I put you a pretty expensive Mobo, but people say it's an extremely good OC'er :D And you can OC that GPU for more performance :D

post-75342-0-64649800-1405606192.png

post-75342-0-69236600-1405606202.png

And this is one with a SSD. I suggest this one, because that Mobo can OC, and it's pretty good for someone who's just getting into OC'ing :D And you get a nice SSD to boot :D

post-75342-0-59440300-1405606258.png

post-75342-0-02287600-1405606264.png

Are you a mind reader O.o I just finished putting everything in to the basket, and just when i can here to post, you said no SSD... And i already put one...

Oh well... I put you a pretty expensive Mobo, but people say it's an extremely good OC'er :D And you can OC that GPU for more performance :D

img

And this is one with a SSD. I suggest this one, because that Mobo can OC, and it's pretty good for someone who's just getting into OC'ing :D And you get a nice SSD to boot :D

img

img

If the SSD serves only as improving speed of certain things, I don't want it. It's too expensive and I'd rather wait. :D 

I was looking at some benchmarks and forums and people say the 280 is much worse than the 280X (the benchmarks too).

I'd maybe change the case to a Corsair Corbide 200R because the R4 is too expensive.

@Silver Knight @rabrot 

Yeah, change the case. 

But I would really recommend you use a SSD, the crucial he posted above isn't really a good example though. 

I have to leave though, i'll be back in an hour and help out some more ^^

If the SSD serves only as improving speed of certain things, I don't want it. It's too expensive and I'd rather wait. :D

I was looking at some benchmarks and forums and people say the 280 is much worse than the 280X (the benchmarks too).

I'd maybe change the case to a Corsair Corbide 200R because the R4 is too expensive.

You can always OC your GPU, and for 1080p, 280 is more than enough (look at some YT videos, not only benchmarks, because they tend to be inaccurate). Also, look at Austin Evans's budget builds, they're pretty nice :D

As for SSD, yeah it can wait, but i heard people saying they're pretty fast, and now that i look at it, i notice that my laptop boots up, opens files and other stuff a lot faster than my brother/cousin's PC without SSD. Also keep in mind that i paid for my Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD 11.000 RSD 2~ years ago, and it's 120GB, and now for the same money you can get double that in capacity.

So, it all depends on you and your needs. And do you really want faster boot times and overall faster OS experience.

@Silver Knight @rabrot 

Yeah, change the case. 

But I would really recommend you use a SSD, the crucial he posted above isn't really a good example though. 

I have to leave though, i'll be back in an hour and help out some more ^^

Crucial MX100, while not being the best, is still pretty good, and the rest of SSD were way more expensive, and this is already over the budget...

Crucial MX100, while not being the best, is still pretty good, and the rest of SSD were way more expensive, and this is already over the budget...

Damn, ok so far we have: 

AMD FX-6300

Cooler Master 212

2x4GB Kingston 

Corsair Carbide 200R

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Cooler Master G550M 550 W

That's a total of 38.540.

Motherboard, GPU and SSD are missing.

So which motherboard do I pick? The one you posted or the M5A99X? What's the difference?

I was thinking of getting the 280X for future-proofing it. Will it last much longer than the 280?

Which SDD if the one you posted is bad?

Damn, ok so far we have: 

AMD FX-6300

Cooler Master 212

2x4GB Kingston 

Corsair Carbide 200R

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Cooler Master G550M 550 W

That's a total of 38.540.

Motherboard, GPU and SSD are missing.

So which motherboard do I pick? The one you posted or the M5A99X? 

I was thinking of getting the 280X for future-proofing it. Will it last much longer than the 280?

Which SDD if the one you posted is bad?

Get M5A97 R.2.0 for the Mobo

As for the GPU, 280 and 280x are basically the same GPU's, hell they're exactly the same, it's only that 280x comes factory overclocked, and 280 doesn't

And, like i said, SSD isn't extremely needed. Your PC will work just fine, but you won't have amazingly fast boot times (well, you can go with Win 8, it supposedly has pretty good boot time on HDD compared to Win 7 :D), and you can use the extra money to go with 8320, which is far better CPU than 6300.

So, if you don't need SSD (you can always add one later, and re-install the OS on it :D) go with this:

FX 8320

G550m

Asus M5A970 R.2.0

1Tb Seagate Barracuda

Carbide 200R

8(2x4)Gb Kingston HyperX

Sapphire 280 Dual X

212 EVO

Get M5A97 R.2.0 for the Mobo

As for the GPU, 280 and 280x are basically the same GPU's, hell they're exactly the same, it's only that 280x comes factory overclocked, and 280 doesn't

And, like i said, SSD isn't extremely needed. Your PC will work just fine, but you won't have amazingly fast boot times (well, you can go with Win 8, it supposedly has pretty good boot time on HDD compared to Win 7 :D), and you can use the extra money to go with 8320, which is far better CPU than 6300.

So, if you don't need SSD (you can always add one later, and re-install the OS on it :D) go with this:

FX 8320

G550m

Asus M5A970 R.2.0

1Tb Seagate Barracuda

Carbide 200R

8(2x4)Gb Kingston HyperX

Sapphire 280 Dual X

212 EVO

Alright, so it's better to upgrade the CPU than the GPU? 8320 + 280 > 6300 + 280X ?