Midrange gaming PC

rabrot

Alright, so it's better to upgrade the CPU than the GPU? 8320 + 280 > 6300 + 280X ?

No, actually in games GPU is more important, but 280 is plenty powerful :D And you can always OC it :D

And i chose 8320 because AM3/+ is a dead socket, so you as well might choose something that will last you longer, and i personally think that  it's better to have 8320 + 280 than 6300 +280x :D

And if you can, add an SSD (can't you borrow some money O.o)

I made these 2 :D

Very good Intel One, and this CPU is a lot better than 8320, especially in older games that need better single core performance :D

post-75342-0-41777300-1405611272.png

post-75342-0-04431600-1405611279.png

And OC capable one, but you'll have to add yourself 212 EVO when you have more money :D

post-75342-0-26424700-1405611284.png

post-75342-0-60532400-1405611289.png

When you're on this budget, you shouldn't go with AMD... Like i said, high-end Intel CPU's are a better than AMD's, but in budget range, AMD is the king (well, intel with it's "Pentium K" is coming back :D)

No, actually in games GPU is more important, but 280 is plenty powerful :D And you can always OC it :D

And i chose 8320 because AM3/+ is a dead socket, so you as well might choose something that will last you longer, and i personally think that  it's better to have 8320 + 280 than 6300 +280x :D

And if you can, add an SSD (can't you borrow some money O.o)

I made these 2 :D

Very good Intel One, and this CPU is a lot better than 8320, especially in older games that need better single core performance :D

And OC capable one, but you'll have to add yourself 212 EVO when you have more money :D

When you're on this budget, you shouldn't go with AMD... Like i said, high-end Intel CPU's are a better than AMD's, but in budget range, AMD is the king (well, intel with it's "Pentium K" is coming back :D)

But I'm not getting a high-end CPU so why do you keep suggesting an Intel one? :( I just thought to settle on the 8320 and now you throw the Intels at me. :/

But I'm not getting a high-end CPU so why do you keep suggesting an Intel one? :( I just thought to settle on the 8320 and now you throw the Intels at me. :/

You'll need a good cpu so you don't experience any bottlenecks, and 6300 will experience some bottleneck (not much) in CPU intensive games, so Intel is your best bet. It's well withing your budget. And it's better now to get a better rig. Imagine in one year you find a pretty neat game you like a lot, but you can't get max graphics on 1080p because your CPU is weaker. 

BUT, if you don't care a lot about maxing your games, then go with 8320, It's your choice, and i can't choose for you :(

Also, do you play FPS games, because those games are (after RTS) very CPU intensive O.o

You'll need a good cpu so you don't experience any bottlenecks, and 6300 will experience some bottleneck (not much) in CPU intensive games, so Intel is your best bet. It's well withing your budget. And it's better now to get a better rig. Imagine in one year you find a pretty neat game you like a lot, but you can't get max graphics on 1080p because your CPU is weaker. 

BUT, if you don't care a lot about maxing your games, then go with 8320, It's your choice, and i can't choose for you :(

Also, do you play FPS games, because those games are (after RTS) very CPU intensive O.o

I don't, I play stuff like Mirror's Edge, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed, GTA V... No FPS games.

I'm just thinking that you're improving the CPU while the GPU gets left behind... Won't the GPU suffer in a year when games improve more than the CPU?

@be4rgryllz help :D

I don't, I play stuff like Mirror's Edge, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed, GTA V... No FPS games.

I'm just thinking that you're improving the CPU while the GPU gets left behind... Won't the GPU suffer in a year when games improve more than the CPU?

@be4rgryllz help :D

Well, 280 is a plenty powerful card (i'm going to, hopefully, build myself a pc soon, and i'm going to use that), and anything better than it, which can't be fixed with overclocking is 290/780... And those are hellishly expensive...

And it's always easier to upgrade the GPU. You only sell the current one, buy the new one, plug it in, install the drivers and you're good to go, but with CPU's, you usually have to also change Mobo's...

It is always better to have a future-proof CPU, that way you only need to switch out the GPU if you want to upgrade. 

If you want to upgrade you CPU, you'd have to switch out the motherboard, too. That's gonna get expensive.

All the mid-high range i5's and i7's are pretty much future proof for a long time. You Won't need to upgrade for like 5+ years.

Can you show the 128GB SSD's that are available for you?

Well, 280 is a plenty powerful card (i'm going to, hopefully, build myself a pc soon, and i'm going to use that), and anything better than it, which can't be fixed with overclocking is 290/780... And those are hellishly expensive...

And it's always easier to upgrade the GPU. You only sell the current one, buy the new one, plug it in, install the drivers and you're good to go, but with CPU's, you usually have to also change Mobo's...

Ok, 280 it is.

It is always better to have a future-proof CPU, that way you only need to switch out the GPU if you want to upgrade. 

If you want to upgrade you CPU, you'd have to switch out the motherboard, too. That's gonna get expensive.

All the mid-high range i5's and i7's are pretty much future proof for a long time. You Won't need to upgrade for like 5+ years.

Can you show the 128GB SSD's that are available for you?

Here are the brands: Crucial, Intel, Kingston, LC Power, Samsung, Sandisk, Toshiba, Transcend. Can you tell me which ones to scratch because there's a lot of them.

Ok, 280 it is.

Here are the brands: Crucial, Intel, Kingston, LC Power, Samsung, Sandisk, Toshiba, Transcend. Can you tell me which ones to scratch because there's a lot of them.

Scratch LC Power, Sandisk, Toshiba and Transcend.

@rabrot Alright I would take the Samsung 840 EVO 120GB :)

@rabrot Alright I would take the Samsung 840 EVO 120GB :)

Ok, I'll remember than and decide later when I pick the PSU, CPU and MB... :/

Yeah 550W will be plenty. Even if you overclock. 

First you need to choose a CPU, then a motherboards that fits for it ^^ 

What's the budget left for CPU and MB?

I5 4440/4570/4590 are pretty good, but they can't be OC'ed. I'd suggest something like 4690k (it OC'es better) or 4670k (it OC'es okay, but nothing amazing...)

For the mobo go with H97 if you're not OC'ing, if you're, i suggest MSI Z97 G43 :D

This also concerns me, but what do you think about Cooler Master G550M, i read positive stuff about it, but i want to hear your opinion O.o

EDIT: Kingston HyperX Fury 120Gb SSD looks pretty nice. It has pretty nice specs... What about it O.o

Around 30.000 RSD (I didn't count the SSD) for the CPU, MB (and a cooler, if needed).

This also concerns me, but what do you think about Cooler Master G550M, i read positive stuff about it, but i want to hear your opiniono.O

It's fine, there's not really an alternative. 

I5 4440/4570/4590 are pretty good, but they can't be OC'ed. I'd suggest something like 4690k (it OC'es better) or 4670k (it OC'es okay, but nothing amazing...)

For the mobo go with H97 if you're not OC'ing, if you're, i suggest MSI Z97 G43 :D

This also concerns me, but what do you think about Cooler Master G550M, i read positive stuff about it, but i want to hear your opinion O.o

EDIT: Kingston HyperX Fury 120Gb SSD looks pretty nice. It has pretty nice specs... What about it O.o

Umm the 4690k and 4670k aren't available.

The 6300 was 10.499 RSD

8320 - 15.999 RSD

I can also post all of the available ones if needed.

Around 30.000 RSD (I didn't count the SSD) for the CPU, MB (and a cooler, if needed).

How much USD would be left if you add the ssd?

How much USD would be left if you add the ssd?

350 or less, but the parts are probably more expensive here.

350 or less, but the parts are probably more expensive here.

Hm, it really depends if you want to overclock then. You won't be able to get an Intel CPU for that price if you decide to, 

I'm not really up to date what going on on the AMD side though tbh. 

Hm, it really depends if you want to overclock then. You won't be able to get an Intel CPU for that price if you decide to,

I'm not really up to date what going on on the AMD side though tbh.

Idk let's say I don't want to overclock it.

Idk let's say I don't want to overclock it.

Hm I'd recommend a B97 board/H97 board and a haswell-refresh intel i5.

Is the i5 4590 not available?

Is the i5 4590 not available?

its available. Which MB?