Midrange gaming PC

rabrot

For 4590, which is not OC capable, i suggest H97 PC Mate. One of the cheapest, if not the cheapest, full ATX mobo that also supports CF :D

That's good considering the final price. A other options that cross your mind guys? @be4rgryllz what do you think of that MB?

That's good considering the final price. A other options that cross your mind guys? @be4rgryllz what do you think of that MB?

How much is it compared to some Asus H97 boards?

How much is it compared to some Asus H97 boards?

not that much cheaper. There's an Asus H97 PLUS that's 9000 and the PC mate is 8500

The other two from Asus (Pro and Pro M) are 10799 and 10999

@rabrot Take the asus one and you'll be fine ^^

@rabrot Take the asus one and you'll be fine ^^

alright, sweet.

So we're pretty much done with the configuration. Thanks so much guys!!! Both of you have helped me so much.

Now... The peripherals...

EDIT: No! Damn. These were H87 not H97

alright, sweet.

So we're pretty much done with the configuration. Thanks so much guys!!! Both of you have helped me so much.

Now... The peripherals...

Haha np. What do you need/want? And what's the budget?

@be4rgryllz see the edit ^

The Asus H97M-E is 10280 and the Asus H97-PLUS is 10199. Which one?

@be4rgryllz see the edit ^

The Asus H97M-E is 10280 and the Asus H97-PLUS is 10199. Which one?

I thought the plus was 9000?

I thought the plus was 9000?

I made a mistake, the plus H87 is 9000, not the H97.

The H97 plus works too. Choosing between H97 PLUS and H97M-E...

I made a mistake, the plus H87 is 9000, not the H97.

The H97 plus works too, is it good though?

If i'm not mistaken, h97 plus doesn't support CF or SLI, and it's not stated otherwise on their website. I'd still go with MSI h97 PC mate :D Now that i checked, you can get MSI Z97 PC Mate for 8.999 RSD, and it supports CF :D

What do you think @be4rgryllz

If i'm not mistaken, h97 plus doesn't support CF or SLI, and it's not stated otherwise on their website. I'd still go with MSI h97 PC mate :D Now that i checked, you can get MSI Z97 PC Mate for 8.999 RSD, and it supports CF :D

What do you think @be4rgryllz

Alright, I've also seen a video on YouTube telling to buy an MSI Z97.

Alright, I've also seen a video on YouTube telling to buy an MSI Z97.

Yup

Now, what are you planning on doing about peripherals O.o

On what monitor do you plan to game on O.o Do you need OS? Are particular about what brand are your peripherals O.o Do you want nice speakers? Do you need headphones?...

And lastly, what's your budget for all of the peripherals O.o

@rabrot @Silver Knight  I've had good experience with Asus. They build very stable and high quality boards, whereas other companies cheap out on some components, especially on the lower-end boards.

Since you won't be overclocking though the MSI H87 should be fine, if not you can still return it with 2 or 3 years warranty I think. You don't need a Z97 btw.

@rabrot @Silver Knight  I've had good experience with Asus. They build very stable and high quality boards, whereas other companies cheap out on some components, especially on the lower-end boards.

Since you won't be overclocking though the MSI H87 should be fine, if not you can still return it with 2 or 3 years warranty I think. You don't need a Z97 btw.

Z97 is cheaper than H97 (pretty odd), and i heard/read a lot of positive stuff about MSI, but i haven't used much of them because i've been using laptops since 2006, and my PC before that had Pentium III...

@rabrot @Silver Knight I've had good experience with Asus. They build very stable and high quality boards, whereas other companies cheap out on some components, especially on the lower-end boards.

Oh, didn't know that. Then I should get the H87 or H97? Plus or M-E?

I like being on the safe side with more quality products.

You need a 97 chipset, so go with the H97. And whichever one is cheaper. 

This is what the people in this forum trust and vote for ^^ 

Asus is really pulling ahead lately!

Well, i don't see anything that you could have against MSI.... They're a pretty reputable manufacturer :D

Now, about those peripherals :D

Go with H97 Plus, it's a full ATX board :)

Alright, so here it is. I think it looks pretty good. :)

Thanks a lot guys! @be4rgryllz @Silver Knight

As for peripherals, I was thinking a monitor (which size? I was thinking 23), a simple keyboard and mouse (possibly wireless) and some speakers. I really have no idea which ones are the good ones though. I like simple, minimalistic designs, nothing over the top and too fancy.

Also, now that I have an SSD and a HDD, I'll have basically 2 disks in my My Computer, right? What should be on the SSD?

post-74243-0-43897200-1405622870_thumb.p

post-74243-0-43897200-1405622870_thumb.p

Thanks a lot guys!

As for peripherals, I was thinking a 21-23 inch monitor, a simple keyboard and mouse (possibly wireless) and some speakers. 

Also, now that I have an SSD and a HDD, I'll have basically 2 disks in my My Computer, right? What should be on the SSD?

You will put windows, drivers and your most used programs/games on it. 

The other drive is there for storage and all the other games/programs.

Btw you can get windows 8.1 really cheap (~15$) on g2a.com if you need it. 

As far as monitors go, benq ones are cheap and good for example. 

Do you really want speakers? You should maybe look into headsets. 

You will put windows, drivers and your most used programs/games on it. 

The other drive is there for storage and all the other games/programs.

Btw you can get windows 8.1 really cheap (~15$) on g2a.com if you need it. 

As far as monitors go, benq ones are cheap and good for example. 

Do you really want speakers? You should maybe look into headsets. 

Did we forget an optical drive? How will I install drivers and Windows?

I already have decent headphones which I'll use, I just wanted speakers for fun (music, videos, movies).

Thanks a lot guys! @be4rgryllz @Silver Knight

As for peripherals, I was thinking a monitor (which size? I was thinking 23), a simple keyboard and mouse (possibly wireless) and some speakers. I really have no idea which ones are the good ones though. I like simple, minimalistic designs, nothing over the top and too fancy.

For a monitor, i'd go with this:

Cheap 1080p monitor with DVI & HDMI: http://www.emmi.rs/monitor-monitor-23-acer-g236hlbbid-led.11.html?productId=41700

A pretty decent monitor with DVI & HDMI: http://www.emmi.rs/monitor-monitor-23-asus-vs238h-led.11.html?productId=24560

Monitor I would personally buy: http://www.emmi.rs/monitor-monitor-23-asus-mx239h-ips-led.11.html?productId=31445

Did we forget an optical drive? How will I install drivers and Windows?

I already have decent headphones which I'll use, I just wanted speakers for fun (music, videos, movies).

You can make a bootable USB drive, that's what i did when i installed Win 7 on this laptop (I had to re-install the system, but the second PC i use doesn't have DVD write capabilities, so i made my 8 Gb USB bootable, but you can easily use a 4Gb one). 

You can make a bootable USB drive, that's what i did when i installed Win 7 on this laptop (I had to re-install the system, but the second PC i use doesn't have DVD write capabilities, so i made my 8 Gb USB bootable, but you can easily use a 4Gb one). 

I think I'd rather get an optical drive anyways, who knows if I'll ever need it in the future. They aren't that expensive, right? 

I think I'd rather get an optical drive anyways, who knows if I'll ever need it in the future. They aren't that expensive, right? 

Well, they aren't (the cheapest are around 2.000 RSD). And you probably have them lying around the house (i have HDD's and ODD all around the house, so i'm not too concerned about those).

I also forgot, but if you're gaming, don't get a wireless keyboard&mouse. I'm currently using Logitech MK260 Combo, and it's a pretty good combo, but wireless can die you in mid game, and while it didn't happen to me while gaming, my mouse died me a lot of times in mid operation, and they keyboard died on me while i was messaging some friends on FB... So, better get something wired :D

This is a nice Mouse&Keyboard set: http://www.emmi.rs/tastatura-i-mi%C5%A1---komplet-tastatura+mi%C5%A1-usb-yu-cm-devastator-sgb-3010-kkmf1-.11.html?productId=41730 Though i'd prefer it if it was US model, because i'm just used to it, and i learned to type on US type...

Well, they aren't (the cheapest are around 2.000 RSD). And you probably have them lying around the house (i have HDD's and ODD all around the house, so i'm not too concerned about those).

I also forgot, but if you're gaming, don't get a wireless keyboard&mouse. I'm currently using Logitech MK260 Combo, and it's a pretty good combo, but wireless can die you in mid game, and while it didn't happen to me while gaming, my mouse died me a lot of times in mid operation, and they keyboard died on me while i was messaging some friends on FB... So, better get something wired :D

This is a nice Mouse&Keyboard set: http://www.emmi.rs/tastatura-i-mi%C5%A1---komplet-tastatura+mi%C5%A1-usb-yu-cm-devastator-sgb-3010-kkmf1-.11.html?productId=41730 Though i'd prefer it if it was US model, because i'm just used to it, and i learned to type on US type...

Maybe I don't buy it now and buy an external one if I ever need it. Believe it or not, I don't have any lying around my house. :D

I'll think about wired keyboard/mouse, but I wouldn't mind if they disconnect because I'm not a serious gamer, I just like gaming casually. But I much prefer the look and functionality of wireless ones; I'll see the prices.

I didn't like that set, I prefer simpler shapes and minimalistic designs.