[Various]Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Videos & Reviews*Updated*

No rioting required!

Saw his and yes, it does looks nice but I'm not seeing how a couple of 5 bucks LED lights are worth 40. In comparison to other competitors, yeah it's still a damn good case. But it is quite frankly outmached by it's cheaper Pro counterpart.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Saw his and yes, it does looks nice but I'm not seeing how a couple of 5 bucks LED lights are worth 40. In comparison to other competitors, yeah it's still a damn good case. But it is quite frankly outmached by it's cheaper Pro counterpart.

Watch Bill Owen's video for a more in-depth review, it's not just the $5 leds(lol). Front and top panels are aluminum, top one gives you more space for rads or push-pull configurations. Top fan filter is easily removable, it include 2 ssd brackets instead of one and the looks. Still, I'm with you.

Granted, it's more of a luxury over the Pro, hence the name "Luxe"(although more rad space is actually good), but it got its qualities for those that like it. Like you said, this case is not overpriced at all compared to other full/mid towers out there. The problem is the price of the Pro was too damn good... in my opinion they should have released the Luxe first, then the Pro.

The Pro is still 2014 top full tower case of the year in my opinion. It set the bar high, in terms of price per features.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see any stats on the LEDs being RGB.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see any stats on the LEDs being RGB.

They are thought: Long press of the power button changes it to something like 4 or 5 basic colors.

-------

Current Rig

-------

They are thought: Long press of the power button changes it to something like 4 or 5 basic colors.

Right, so they are not RGB, just pre-set colours. Someone should edit the first post to correct this.

Watch Bill Owen's video for a more in-depth review, it's not just the $5 leds(lol). Front and top panels are aluminum, top one gives you more space for rads or push-pull configurations. Top fan filter is easily removable, it include 2 ssd brackets instead of one and the looks. Still, I'm with you.

Granted, it's more of a luxury over the Pro, hence the name "Luxe"(although more rad space is actually good), but it got its qualities for those that like it. Like you said, this case is not overpriced at all compared to other full/mid towers out there. The problem is the price of the Pro was too damn good... in my opinion they should have released the Luxe first, then the Pro.

The Pro is still 2014 top full tower case of the year in my opinion. It set the bar high, in terms of price per features.

That is true, I'd be hard pressed to find a better, cheaper case for someone looking at push pull 360 or bigger set up, however it isn't like the Pro is devoid of radiator options altogether in fact it's so damn flexible and cheap that even without the top push/pull option it's hard to beat: 40 bucks will let you just get another radiator for example.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Right, so they are not RGB, just pre-set colours. Someone should edit the first post to correct this.

Oh I see, fair enough.

-------

Current Rig

-------

For the leds to be able to change between the 10 factory programmed colors they have to be RGB(red, green, blue), to represent the 10 combined colors. You may got confused but RGB doesn't necessarily mean that a lighting source is fully programmable by the user(using hue).

It basically means that the light source has the RGB capability of representing and/or combining various colors of the spectrum. That could be from over the 3 basic colors up to the "millions" that some claim. A lot of the products with RGB lighting allow us the users to customize it, probably why some people see the RGB letters and think about it that way. The correct term would be "fully programmable RGB lighting". 

I'll edit it anyways to avoid confusion to some(although you're the first one here and in overclock.net to get confused by it), but I just wanted to clear that up.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I'll have to check out Bill Owen's review now. The Pro review was excellent. Very in depth for just the kinds of things watercooling enthusiasts are burning to know about.

And HWCanucks seems to agree with you. Their review didn't start with "We have a new king of the hill. The pro has been displaced." The Pro is just such good value.

I don't think the front and top panels are aluminium. Owen says they are made of steel.

And the Luxe has a 1mm thick steel trim... on both the bezel and the top cover.

3:15 in the review.

EDIT/Self Correction: Phanteks' website gives the top and front panel materials as Aluminium. I must remember in the future that not all top/front aluminium panels have a brushed texture. Some are painted, like the Luxe.

• 10 months later...

I'm thinking about getting this case for a water cooling build (if I ever find the money) and I was wondering if you have to take out the hard drive bays to mount a 240 in the front? Thanks guys!

ASU

I'm thinking about getting this case for a water cooling build (if I ever find the money) and I was wondering if you have to take out the hard drive bays to mount a 240 in the front? Thanks guys!

If it's like the Phanteks Mini XL (which it should be, it's just an altered (wider) and partly flipped Luxe re-built to house 2 motherboards) then yes, you do have to remove all the HDD cages to mount a front side panel rad.

If you still want to do it, you can get optional Phanteks-made HDD brackets that go on the side of the 5.25" structure, or just get a 5.25" hotswap backplane like this one from Chieftec:

1025264.jpg

RaidSonic also has a number of these types of things.

Also, if you mainly use SSDs, you can mount from 2 (included brackets for 2) to 6 SSDs (need 2 optional 2x brackets) in places like behind the motherboard tray and on the side of the panel with the Phanteks logo on it which you can see through the smaller side window.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Cool tip for this get the duel SSD mount

for the back and then mount 4 SSD's 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

• 7 months later...

I have a question for anyone who owns an Enthoo Luxe (black). I am very interested in getting this case, however something is bugging me. In all the pictures I have seen of it, the sand blasted aluminum front panel looks (at least to me) like cheap plastic. For those who own or have seen one of these up close does it actually look this way, or is it just the camera/s.

Sorry for bringing back an old thread but I figured this was the best spot for my question.