Computer turning itself on and off every few seconds

Rageodontist

I had to reflow a motherboard to get the board to POST. After the first POST the computer now turns itself on and than turns itself off after 3 seconds and continues to do so even after unplugging the power switch. It worked again after taking out the bios battery but now even with it out it continues to do the on and off every 3 seconds with the battery in or out. hope this makes sense, pls help.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

Somewhere there is a short.Get the parts out clean them am put it back together if is not working pm me i will try my best to help.Had the same problem is either that or a bad memory stick.

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

is this the same mobo that got fried due to in proper instillation, if so this needs to be posted in that thread. 

I will do the best I can to help in any way. However I am not all knowing and realize that I can be wrong. If you know something I said is not factual please speak up and provide myself and otters reading reading the thread with the facts proving it. I'm not just here to help others learn I'm also here to learn myself. "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." Benjamin Franklin    

i had the same problem, it was a faulty memory stick.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Somewhere there is a short.Get the parts out clean them am put it back together if is not working pm me i will try my best to help.Had the same problem is either that or a bad memory stick.

i had the same problem, it was a faulty memory stick.

is this the same mobo that got fried due to in proper instillation, if so this needs to be posted in that thread. 

thanks for responding guys! It turned out all it needed was hit the clear cmos button.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

thanks for responding guys! It turned out all it needed was hit the clear cmos button.

make shure to mark your post as solved

I will do the best I can to help in any way. However I am not all knowing and realize that I can be wrong. If you know something I said is not factual please speak up and provide myself and otters reading reading the thread with the facts proving it. I'm not just here to help others learn I'm also here to learn myself. "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." Benjamin Franklin