Bitfenix prodigy mod HELP please!

jojocool111
Go to solution Solved by W-L,

If you can I'd probably just shave or cut down the kraken g10 bracket so it clears the side panel and give it paint touch up.

If that's not possible depending on how far it protrudes the panel you could either cut out the mesh and add a raised vent panel using opaque acrylic and double stick foam to give a gap for air to enter. To cut the metal a dremel with a reinforced abrasive cutting wheel works really and give good control, tape up the surrounding areas and mark out your cut lines, cut on the insides of the lines and then afterwards file down to the line to finalize and finish the edge.

Hello

i have a bitfenix prodigy which i will be modding.

I have a reference r9 290 which is loud and hot as s**t so I have a kraken g10 and a h55 there to cool it. Problem is that the kraken g10 does not fit into the case so I thought of cutting out a hole of the sidepanel that already has the ventilation holes in it and putting some mesh over it. 

Problem is that i dont know how to cut that precise and how to apply the mesh. can you help me by suggesting ways to cut out the sidepanel correctely and how to cover the hole up.

Thanks

My setup

CPU i7 4770K 4.8 ghz 1.4V Motherboard MSI G-45z87 RAM 32gb 1600mhz hyperx ram GPU 3x Gtx 780ti Windforce GHZ edition Case NZXT Phantom 820 Storage 64gb SSD and a 500GB HDD PSU corsair ax1200i Display(s) 3x Acer S231HL Cooling h105 8 corsair af 120

If you can I'd probably just shave or cut down the kraken g10 bracket so it clears the side panel and give it paint touch up.

If that's not possible depending on how far it protrudes the panel you could either cut out the mesh and add a raised vent panel using opaque acrylic and double stick foam to give a gap for air to enter. To cut the metal a dremel with a reinforced abrasive cutting wheel works really and give good control, tape up the surrounding areas and mark out your cut lines, cut on the insides of the lines and then afterwards file down to the line to finalize and finish the edge.

thanks a lot

My setup

CPU i7 4770K 4.8 ghz 1.4V Motherboard MSI G-45z87 RAM 32gb 1600mhz hyperx ram GPU 3x Gtx 780ti Windforce GHZ edition Case NZXT Phantom 820 Storage 64gb SSD and a 500GB HDD PSU corsair ax1200i Display(s) 3x Acer S231HL Cooling h105 8 corsair af 120