Have you ever had surgery?

geforceftw

I don't mind at all. 

I was playing music on a stage, and I slipped and fell off the stage and landed on my head.

It made a 4 cm. wide hole in my skull, and they had to put the metal plate in to cover it. . 

Damn, that's pretty crazy! Glad you recovered well.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

The closest to surgery was a muscle biopsy when I was 4 or 5

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I'm curious if any of you have/need surgery?

Yesterday I had my tonsils removed and my deviated septim fixed. Then I need braces, then in about a year major jaw surgery. I have the worst sore throat right now and can't sit up without my nose bleeding... Should be all good in a couple weeks though.

Yes, you will have a wicked sore throat for @ 2 weeks. You won't be able to tolerate eating your normal diet during this time. You will likely not feel like eating much at all and lose a few lbs (or kilo). The back of your throat will have a wet scab form : looks weird = white colored. This strange appearance is due to the scab always being wet. When the underlying tissue heals, the scab will fall off. Likely you will swallow it.

Feel better & get well soon.

How do I post spoilers? When I told this next bit to one of my friends she nearly threw up. Don' want that happening to some of the weaker stomached here.

Pm me I like hearing this kind of stuff.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Yes, you will have a wicked sore throat for @ 2 weeks. You won't be able to tolerate eating your normal diet during this time. You will likely not feel like eating much at all and lose a few lbs (or kilo). The back of your throat will have a wet scab form : looks weird = white colored. This strange appearance is due to the scab always being wet. When the underlying tissue heals, the scab will fall off. Likely you will swallow it.

Feel better & get well soon.

Yeah I'm also told we that happens is when the pain starts. When the scabs come off. Least I got a ton of liquid vicodin.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

@0s4x that is a fucked up medical record, though the good thing about it is coming strong of what you were before especially with 3 shunts inside your brain, hope you don't have to deal with that again for a long time

anyways, i only had been sliced open 2 times, first when i was six to insert a rod on my wrist when i broked it in half and the second one to extract a cyst on my lower back 2 years ago, also having an infected cyst in your back full of purulence is the most painful experience a man can live imo especially when the doctor that purged it open (without anesthetic) is nicknamed "the butcher" >.< also i have 2 massive scars on my back because of that bloody thing

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

@0s4x that is a fucked up medical record, though the good thing about it is coming strong of what you were before especially with 3 shunts inside your brain, hope you don't have to deal with that again for a long time

That's not even everything. The rest of your post reminded me that I've had "minor" things like cyst/mole removals as well. Don't remember how old I was for each of those, though. 

Heart defect (ventricular or atrial septal defect, forgot which one) when I was something like 5.

got braces.

got wisdom teeth removed. (I tried resisting the knockout drug, needless to say I failed)

That's always fun :D I barely managed to resist once and after the doctor had done the "Count down from 10 to 1" And i had followed that i looked right into his eyes and said. "HAH! I WIN!" and then a millisecond later i passed out.

The doc told me afterwards that they had to wait for about 5 minutes before starting. Since they were all laughing their asses off.

On topic.

I've had a few.

Dual inguinal hernias when i was a kid (one after the other. Left and right side)

Some surgery on my knee after a big motocross crash (tendons)

One of my nuts had to be pulled down again after a pretty brutal skateboarding accident

Had to get a rib put back into place (it broke and then poked inwards) after a dirtbike crash

My arm needed a bit of surgery after i broke both bones. (temporary screws) cause? dirtbikes

I had to get a 9" knife blade removed from my leg. (local anesthesia) 

That's all i can think of at the moment.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

None luckily.

How do I post spoilers? When I told this next bit to one of my friends she nearly threw up. Don' want that happening to some of the weaker stomached here.

you put "spoiler" and after your content "/spoiler". Replace " with []

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

you put "spoiler" and after your content "/spoiler". Replace " with []

Thanks, guy.

Those details I spoke of:

I should back up and explain what Hydrocephalus is before getting into the surgery.

Everybody's brain produces some kinda fluid inside cavities within it (I'm assuming just to keep it moist), and normally there's pathways between these cavities (this is important for later). Most people have a means of draining this fluid from your brain. I do not, hence the shunts, which are essentially a one-way valve with a tube going to my abdomen and another into my brain. Now, the reason I needed a second one at six weeks old is because the first one was only draining one side, not both as it should.

Enough of the boring crap and onto the interesting bit.

When they went in to put in my third shunt, to make sure I didn't need a fourth, they tunnelled through my brain to get into one of those cavities, and then proceeded to either slice or burn a hole between each of them. Probably both slice and then burn.