Have you ever had surgery?

geforceftw

I'm curious if any of you have/need surgery?

Yesterday I had my tonsils removed and my deviated septim fixed. Then I need braces, then in about a year major jaw surgery. I have the worst sore throat right now and can't sit up without my nose bleeding... Should be all good in a couple weeks though.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Only my wisdom teeth. They give you some pretty crazy stuff before they start.

I should be studying.

I've had two surgeries. Once on my right eye the other on my left. Well on the muscles within behind the eyes.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

I have a metal plate in my head, due to me falling 2 meters and landing on my head. Luckily that was done via surgery. 

I never had anything more invasive than that done.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Heart defect (ventricular or atrial septal defect, forgot which one) when I was something like 5.

got braces.

got wisdom teeth removed. (I tried resisting the knockout drug, needless to say I failed)

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Nope, atleast not what i know about  :unsure:

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

I once crushed my finger while hammering in a tent peg. I had that operated on to repair large cut down my fingernail bed

Also when I broke my arm, it had to be manipulated under a general anesthetic 

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

2 years ago my friend was being a dumbass he rolled the truck. The thing ended up landing on my head so I had to be flown to a hospital to get my skull fixed. Gotta love TBI....

Got a pretty crazy scar from it though, I've told some people some crazy stories lol.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Two shoulder reconstructions, one knee reconstruction, appendix, stitches a half dozen times.

What did you do?

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Had oral surgery a year ago (July 2013) where an extra tooth in my top gum had to be removed, the dentist said if he didn't remove it it could come out of my lip. O.o

I had stitches in my upper teeth for a week, couldn't open my mouth without bleeding, was on the computer all day (had to type out what I wanted to say) and everytime I watched Tom & Jerry and laughed my mouth would bleed. Not to mention there was a stream of dried blood on my bed when I woke up, and I had to eat congee with string bean and beef, each ingredient cut up into minuscule pieces.

I had surgery right after birth for something regarding my intestinal area. My mom described it as "removing 7-9 tiny 'balls'." No idea what she was talking about, but I have two scars across my lower abdomen with tiny black stitches in them. When I say "stitches", they are supposed to naturally dissolve after a period of time. They never did. I've had them my entire life. They appear as tiny black heads along the scar area which can be removed the same way normal black heads can. By squeezing them (painful sometimes, others not). 

I also had surgery at the age of 3 for my eyes. They were severely crossed. The surgeon cut the muscles around my eyes to allow them to look straight. Interestingly, as long as I had glasses on, my eyes would naturally look straight forward even before the surgery. It was only when I didn't have them on that my eyes crossed to the extreme. 

I had the same surgery again at 13 because I was growing up which meant my eyes were constantly changing. I cried blood apparently (I don't remember much the week after surgery.) I did when I was 3 too. All I remember is my eyes feeling constantly itchy. 

I will eventually have surgery for IOCL or Intra-Ocular Contact Lenses. They are little lenses that they put into the center of your eye that are just contact lenses. It literally takes about 30 minutes and the anasthetic only lasts for an hour or 2 (you aren't unconscious). You never have to take them off since they are internal, and if your prescription changes, they can easily remove it and replace it. Last time I checked, it was ~$1,500 per eye which was 6-18 months ago (I have that bad of a memory). Probably 18 months ago though. LASIK is much more permanent with less positives but it costs less. I'd rather have the better version personally. 

I think that's it other than dental stuff. IIRC I had one tooth that was really two teeth fused together (it had a yellow line down the center and was twice the size of all my other teeth). It never fell out, so they just pulled it out like a Wisdom Tooth (but I was like 9-13 at the time, again, bad memory).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I had tubes placed in my ears when I was very young, aside from that I've had nothing else done.

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/ear-infection/tubes-for-ear-infections

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I had a papilloma removed from my left tonsil once.

My mouth tasted like burnt meat for two days. (It was electrocauterized)

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

No surgery, just stitches after I was being a fuckwit on my bike.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Where do I start?

Born with both Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus.

I'll leave out details of the four that are least comfortable for me to talk about.

8 hours old - had my spinal cord shoved rather unceremoniously back into my back, as well as major brain surgery to insert a shunt.

6 weeks old - second shunt installed since the first wasn't working well enough.

5, 6/8 (not sure on this one, think I was 8), 10, 11 years old - these are the four that I'm not talking about

14 years old - had my feet moved back underneath my legs. I was almost walking on my inner ankles before this point. It wasn't as successful as we'd hoped it would be.

19 years old - first two shunts have failed by this point and calcified within my head to the point that they're unremovable. Third one installed, more gory stuff done to my brain (will only go into detail if people want me to, it's pretty fucked up.) to ensure that I don't need a fourth

22 years old - 23mmX6mm stone removed from my bladder. Too big to be removed non-invasively.

February this year - had my appendix out.

Hopefully I'm done for a while.

Australian rugby league... Dirt bikes :D

Straya 

I got smashed in the face while playing rugby and had to get my nose reconstructed. 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Yeah, inside my nose.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I have a metal plate in my head, due to me falling 2 meters and landing on my head. Luckily that was done via surgery. 

I never had anything more invasive than that done.

Holy crap! How did it happen (if you don't mind me asking)?

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Where do I start?

Born with both Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus.

I'll leave out details of the four that are least comfortable for me to talk about.

8 hours old - had my spinal cord shoved rather unceremoniously back into my back, as well as major brain surgery to insert a shunt.

6 weeks old - second shunt installed since the first wasn't working well enough.

5, 6/8 (not sure on this one, think I was 8), 10, 11 years old - these are the four that I'm not talking about

14 years old - had my feet moved back underneath my legs. I was almost walking on my inner ankles before this point. It wasn't as successful as we'd hoped it would be.

19 years old - first two shunts have failed by this point and calcified within my head to the point that they're unremovable. Third one installed, more gory stuff done to my brain (will only go into detail if people want me to, it's pretty fucked up.) to ensure that I don't need a fourth

22 years old - 23mmX6mm stone removed from my bladder. Too big to be removed non-invasively.

February this year - had my appendix out.

Hopefully I'm done for a while.

I need details man.

Holy crap! How did it happen (if you don't mind me asking)?

I don't mind at all. 

I was playing music on a stage, and I slipped and fell off the stage and landed on my head.

It made a 4 cm. wide hole in my skull, and they had to put the metal plate in to cover it. . 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I need details man.

How do I post spoilers? When I told this next bit to one of my friends she nearly threw up. Don' want that happening to some of the weaker stomached here.

Nope , But i once took an arrow to the knee... :ph34r:

Details separate people.