What is wrong with some of these people on Amazon?

Blair

Yep I saw an iPhone 4 on Amazon for $963...

sadly that's somewhat normal in aus... e.g. 64gb iphone 5 costs AUD 1,129 and iphone 5c 64gb cost AUD 869 (straight from apple store)

Computer hardware prices in aus are grossly over inflated. What for? Tariffs? What local tech producers are you trying to protect? Do you REALLY think techies have inelastic enough demand for you to get your freaking tax money? Shipping for a crate full of Gpu's certainly doesn't cost $100 per gpu. So why does it cost that much more? 

edit: ok maybe not to that extent, pc hardware is reasonably priced, just a touch more expensive. but still, the iphone bit stands true

edit: Actually...where the hell have I been shopping... ncix asus gtx 760 = 299 CAD pccasegear asus gtx 760 = 310 aud... they aren't much different...

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

sadly that's somewhat normal in aus... e.g. 64gb iphone 5 costs AUD 1,129 and iphone 5c 64gb cost AUD 869 (straight from apple store)

Computer hardware prices in aus are grossly over inflated. What for? Tariffs? What local tech producers are you trying to protect? Do you REALLY think techies have inelastic enough demand for you to get your freaking tax money? Shipping for a crate full of Gpu's certainly doesn't cost $100 per gpu. So why does it cost that much more?

Supply and demand.  Do you have another place to get them cheaper?  

Didn't think so.  If you can get them shipped in and offer them cheaper, do it.  Otherwise...pay the man.

Supply and demand.  Do you have another place to get them cheaper?  

Didn't think so.  If you can get them shipped in and offer them cheaper, do it.  Otherwise...pay the man.

I guess you haven't seen the additional bit... getting them from pccasegear would be cheaper than where i've been getting them in store...

I guess you haven't seen the additional bit... getting them from pccasegear would be cheaper than where i've been getting them in store...

So buy them there.  What are you upset about?

This is how the market works.

So buy them there.  What are you upset about?

This is how the market works.

well, I was upset initially, now i'm disappointed at myself for not realising things earlier. 

Except for the iphone, that's way overpriced in aus

Saw a Core 2 Quad Q6600 on there going for $1200 CDN.

Seriously? I found a Core 2 Quad Q6600 for $54..

Seriously? I found a Core 2 Quad Q6600 for $54..

Where? I must has.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Where? I must has.

I'll PM you the link (not sure I can post it on this thread) :P

sold it I dont mean to be the grammar police but it is a gripe of mine

Oh, thanks  :)

Yeah well the small sellers want to get rich over night. I feel bad for the buyers that fall for the high prices and don't research. Then after they buy something and find out what they did the return it and all hell breaks loose...

Then I have to listen to angry sellers whole day long...

PS. I work for Amazon

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

Amazon, E-Bay, Craig's List, local retailers they all do it.

As the saying goes, there's a sucker born every minute.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Just don't buy them, whats the big deal? If someone is stupid enough or rich enough to buy that who cares

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Most components on Amazon are rip-offs but in Canada not all of them.  That's what PCPartPicker is for.  I got my SSD at a ridiculously awesome price on Amazon, and it was the lowest dealer for my graphics card at the time too.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD