Bitfenix spectre pro fans on a Corsair H100i

Hi people of the forums!

I just have a quick question about whether bitfenix spectre pro fans (http://tinyurl.com/ntx995v) would have good enough cooling performance to use on a corsair H100i? I was originally going to buy four corsair SP 120 fans for a push, pull config but I wanted something that would add a bit of 'bling' to my build, I therefore saw Linus use the spectre pro fans on a radiator in one of his build guides and just wondered how they would perform?

I use Spectre Pros on my 240mm Rad, which has quite high FPI, as well as my main intake and exhaust. I personally think they're a good compromise between air flow and pressure optimised, and I love the green glow I get from them :)

Thanks 

I use Spectre Pros on my 240mm Rad, which has quite high FPI, as well as my main intake and exhaust. I personally think they're a good compromise between air flow and pressure optimised, and I love the green glow I get from them :)

This is really useful i think i am going to go for four red spectre pro's for push pull in order to add some light and in my opinion look much nicer than the corsair fans! 

Thanks

This is really useful i think i am going to go for four red spectre pro's for push pull in order to add some light and in my opinion look much nicer than the corsair fans!

Nice, I've got 2 in push on my cpu gpu loop, so that should be just fine for you

Thanks 

Fans are largely a personal choice.  They present a balance between noise and cooling performance.  Technically, any fan would work, it just may not be optimal for what you need.  If aesthetics are your primary concern and you get decent temps, by all means go with the BitFenix fans, but expect temps to rise against a more static pressure oriented fan.  If you need better cooling performance you may need other fans.  It all depends on what your goals are, really, and the BitFenix fans I put in another build are very very quiet.  Good luck!

Hi people of the forums!

I just have a quick question about whether bitfenix spectre pro fans (http://tinyurl.com/ntx995v) would have good enough cooling performance to use on a corsair H100i? I was originally going to buy four corsair SP 120 fans for a push, pull config but I wanted something that would add a bit of 'bling' to my build, I therefore saw Linus use the spectre pro fans on a radiator in one of his build guides and just wondered how they would perform?

yes, they will work alright. However I recommend getting some really good plain fans and using a LED strip. But if you really want LED fans spectre pros are arguably the best. 

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

So should i go for the SP fans and buy an LED strip? or could I alternatively use a pair of the bitfenix fans on the inside and a pair of SP's on the outside? (one pair pushing one pulling?) any other suggestions?

yes, they will work alright. However I recommend getting some really good plain fans and using a LED strip. But if you really want LED fans spectre pros are arguably the best. 

Fans are largely a personal choice.  They present a balance between noise and cooling performance.  Technically, any fan would work, it just may not be optimal for what you need.  If aesthetics are your primary concern and you get decent temps, by all means go with the BitFenix fans, but expect temps to rise against a more static pressure oriented fan.  If you need better cooling performance you may need other fans.  It all depends on what your goals are, really, and the BitFenix fans I put in another build are very very quiet.  Good luck!

So should i go for the SP fans and buy an LED strip? or could I alternatively use a pair of the bitfenix fans on the inside and a pair of SP's on the outside? (one pair pushing one pulling?) any other suggestions?

not sp fans. because you're in britan get some noiseblocker blacksilent pros from overclockers, Luckily they are cheap in the UK and are miles better than the spectres and completly shit on the corsair stuff.http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-027-NB

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Thanks for everyone's advise I think after seeing snef's build i cant help myself but buy four spectre pro's! I am also going to buy a pair of the noiseblockers for my front intakes as their operation is just so silent!

not sp fans. because you're in britan get some noiseblocker blacksilent pros from overclockers, Luckily they are cheap in the UK and are miles better than the spectres and completly shit on the corsair stuff.http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-027-NB

they are great, specially for low fin rad, don't forget SP120 quiet edition don't have more static pressure than spectre pro or they are very similar

if you need SP120 with better Static pressure you need the High Performance edition and at full speed they do the same noise as a new Boing , if you slow these you will have same noise as spectre pro and same performance

My Build Logs

Snef Bloody Angel --- Sand of God --- Red Poseidon --- Purple Chimera BOTM July 26 2013 --- Icy Blue Angel BOTM May 10 2013 --- Extremmme Red DemonBOTM March 29 2013