24" IPS Monitor

Aristos

Looking to buy a 24" IPS Monitor. I will use it for gaming as well as casual browsing etc.

What do you guys suggest?

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

I am actually in Europe so linking offers won't actually help.

I was looking into the Asus PA248Q but will the 6ms response time affect the gaming experience? I really appreciate the better colors that an IPS monitor offers.

How does the VG248QE compare to the IPS PA248Q? the VG248QE is 144 Hz and has 1ms response time but how well does it compare in terms of the colors? 

I am actually in Europe so linking offers won't actually help.

I was looking into the Asus PA248Q but will the 6ms response time affect the gaming experience? I really appreciate the better colors that an IPS monitor offers.

How does the VG248QE compare to the IPS PA248Q? the VG248QE is 144 Hz and has 1ms response time but how well does it compare in terms of the colors?

Response time is the measure from a gray color to another gray color. Hence why it says "6ms g-t-g" in the specs.

So, I ask you, which gray to which gray? Tip: further they are, the slower the speed you'll get. The closer they are, the faster the speed it will be.

Hint: Each manufacture uses their own 2 set of grays.

So what can we conclude from this? Meaningless figure unless you compare the monitor with the same SERIES within the same manufacture.

That is why you have, and its VERY true, 1ms response time monitor, which are god awful, facing sever ghosting issues.

How to know? Read in depth monitor reviews, where they have the equipment and the know how, on to use it properly, and give you the reality of things.

So to answer your question:

monComp1.png

benq_xl2410t_120_ama_on.jpg

benqxl.PNG

The last monitors are 120Hz monitor. Keep in mind that it shows response time, not the fact that it displays more frames for smoother looking game experience.

Source and full in depth review of the monitor you are looking at: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_pa248q.htm

If you are a hard core FPS player, especially if you are playing competitively, I suggest for you to get a 120Hz monitor. Keep in mind that you need your game to play at 120fps solid for the monitor to really shine. That is why most pros plays their games at minimum settings, despite powerful hardware. They don't care about visuals.

If you play FPS casually, or for fun, and play other genre of games, especially if you seek for the best in game visuals and really want to have the art work from the game artists and art direction shine, then go with the IPS panels.

Response time is the measure from a gray color to another gray color. Hence why it says "6ms g-t-g" in the specs.

So, I ask you, which gray to which gray? Tip: further they are, the slower the speed you'll get. The closer they are, the faster the speed it will be.

Hint: Each manufacture uses their own 2 set of grays.

So what can we conclude from this? Meaningless figure unless you compare the monitor with the same SERIES within the same manufacture.

That is why you have, and its VERY true, 1ms response time monitor, which are god awful, facing sever ghosting issues.

How to know? Read in depth monitor reviews, where they have the equipment and the know how, on to use it properly, and give you the reality of things.

So to answer your question:

monComp1.png

benq_xl2410t_120_ama_on.jpg

benqxl.PNG

The last monitors are 120Hz monitor. Keep in mind that it shows response time, not the fact that it displays more frames for smoother looking game experience.

Source and full in depth review of the monitor you are looking at: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_pa248q.htm

If you are a hard core FPS player, especially if you are playing competitively, I suggest for you to get a 120Hz monitor. Keep in mind that you need your game to play at 120fps solid for the monitor to really shine. That is why most pros plays their games at minimum settings, despite powerful hardware. They don't care about visuals.

If you play FPS casually, or for fun, and play other genre of games, especially if you seek for the best in game visuals and really want to have the art work from the game artists and art direction shine, then go with the IPS panels.

OK I have to say that was really helpfull. Reading thought the website I am now leaning more towards the DELL U2414H.

Does anyone have experience with this monitor?

No I haven't personally. I use the Dell U2410 which is the older version of the Dell U2413 (true 8-bit panel IPS, 16:10, 1920x1200, wide gamut)

But you should be able to find many with the U2414H here. Many said that they'll get it a while back, or have it.

If it helps, here is the review from the same site, of the U2414H: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm

No I haven't personally. I use the Dell U2410 which is the older version of the Dell U2413 (true 8-bit panel IPS, 16:10, 1920x1200, wide gamut)

But you should be able to find many with the U2414H here. Many said that they'll get it a while back, or have it.

If it helps, here is the review from the same site, of the U2414H: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm

Yes I read the review and it seems like the monitor performs pretty well in games despite being an IPS. A quote from the review "Response times were about as good as you can get from an IPS panel at the moment without introducing a lot of overshoot and this made the U2414H a decent IPS option for gaming, especially when you consider the incredibly low / non existent signal processing lag as well."

I believe this is a nice monitor to go for.

dat stand though...

See, they have one that looks better for 5$ more,but no VESA

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yes I read the review and it seems like the monitor performs pretty well in games despite being an IPS. A quote from the review "Response times were about as good as you can get from an IPS panel at the moment without introducing a lot of overshoot and this made the U2414H a decent IPS option for gaming, especially when you consider the incredibly low / non existent signal processing lag as well."

I believe this is a nice monitor to go for.

Yea definitely.