White point calibration tool for Windows

jasonycw
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

You can't really adjust the color temperature, I hope you know this. Not unless you have a pro grade RGB LED back light, where the monitor has the ability to adjust each of the color intensity of the back light.

You can try and adjust Red, Green and Blue colors.

Try ScreenBright: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/ScreenBright-Download-109484.html

Assuming your display support DDC/CI protocol it should work.

If not, then software adjustment is the only option.

In that case, fire up the Nvidia control panel, go under "Adjust desktop color setting", click on "Use Nvidia settings", and select Color Channel to be Red, Green or Blue, and you can adjust their settings.

Color temperature adjusts red, green and blue channels. For example for a warm color, drop the blue and green, keep the red as is.

I am looking for a software that similar to the calibration tool on Mac

As from some Google search, the calibration tool on Mac allow user to tweak with the white point of the monitor.

However, the stock Windows calibration tool only allow adjusting some simple stuff like RBG values and no color temperature or white point adjustment

So I would like to ask if anyone know any good software that allow tweaking the white point and color temperature of the monitor?

Or is there any option in Nvidia control panel that can do white point and color temperature adjustment?

CPU i5 13400F - - - - - - GPU ASUS TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10G - - - - - - - - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 3600MHz 2*16GB

Motherboard MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI mATX - - - - Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB M.2 + Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB + WD Green 2TB

PSU Seasonic Focus GX 850W 80 Plus Gold - - - - Cooling Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black - - - - Case Fractal Design Define 7 Mini

Displays INNOCN 27M2V + ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM + Dell U2414H - - - - - - - - - - - Sound ATH-M50x, Lenovo unknown speaker

Keyboard Ducky Shine 4 - - - - - Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight + G-TF Rough + Logitech G PowerPlay

Use a color calibrator. Using software to adjust the colors of the screen results in degradation in colors. Meaning you'll see stepping on gradients, and that basically means that your color work is all going to be crap.

For adjusting colors, use the monitor on screen menu, or better yet, get a monitor with a color processor, and programmable Look Up Table, with a supported color calibrator, and calibrate your monitor. The color processor will be able to communicate to the monitor and adjust the monitor colors directly, and provide you with a color profile to load with Windows or image software.

Yes, but I am not a heavy content creator and have no spare money to buy a color calibrator. The reason for asking a calibration software is that I prefer my monitor provide a more pure white and the preset color temperature settings are either too yellow or too blue for me.

I know that AMD Catalyst provide slider to adjust color temperature and the build-in calibration software from Mac allow user to choose the white point. As I am using Nvidia GPU and the driver provided has no color temp adjustment, I want to ask if there are some 3rd party apps can do the job.

CPU i5 13400F - - - - - - GPU ASUS TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10G - - - - - - - - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 3600MHz 2*16GB

Motherboard MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI mATX - - - - Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB M.2 + Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB + WD Green 2TB

PSU Seasonic Focus GX 850W 80 Plus Gold - - - - Cooling Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black - - - - Case Fractal Design Define 7 Mini

Displays INNOCN 27M2V + ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM + Dell U2414H - - - - - - - - - - - Sound ATH-M50x, Lenovo unknown speaker

Keyboard Ducky Shine 4 - - - - - Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight + G-TF Rough + Logitech G PowerPlay

You can't really adjust the color temperature, I hope you know this. Not unless you have a pro grade RGB LED back light, where the monitor has the ability to adjust each of the color intensity of the back light.

Try ScreenBright: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/ScreenBright-Download-109484.html

In that case, fire up the Nvidia control panel, go under "Adjust desktop color setting", click on "Use Nvidia settings", and select Color Channel to be Red, Green or Blue, and you can adjust their settings.

Color temperature adjusts red, green and blue channels. For example for a warm color, drop the blue and green, keep the red as is.

I know I cannot control the monitor color temperature on hardware level but I found that the AMD control panel allows user to choose the color temp level using software adjustment with 100K interval. Not 6500K and than 7XXXK directly.

ifquqx.jpg

The setting is in the lowest slider.

So I wonder if there is any 3rd party application that can do similar trick.

For the Nvidia control panel, although there is all 3 color control independently and provide more flexible control, it is not easy to reduce yellow tint/ warm screen with 3 separate slider.

It seems that ScreenBright has a similar setting as the AMD Catalyst and I will try it out later. Thanks

I had test this and this software works great, much more easier to use than the one come with Nvidia and much more useful than the Windows default one.

Although it is not even close to what comes with Mac.

Just one more question, why the color I use for sRGB mode come with my monitor with color correction from Nvidia control panel looks more vibrant than simply using the custom setting? Is the sRGB mode boosting the color or custom setting cannot achieve those vibrant color?