Completely Badass Mac Pro Trailer

Builder

Illustrates how epic the Mac Pro's design is. I know it's old but I just keep watching it over and over again...so epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQl2FjaKCAQ

Nobody makes a commercial like Apple does, that has always been true.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I don't see whats so special :/

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Still looks like a trashcan

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I don't see whats so special :/

Smaller than any PC you could build that was as powerful by at least a factor of two?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Still looks like a fuckin sexy trashcan in real life.

Trashcan, nonetheless

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Smaller than any PC you could build that was as powerful by at least a factor of two?

I don't mean the PC, I mean the advert. and I seriously disagree with it being twice as powerful as anything else that size.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Trashcan! Do an epic introduction video with a proper stuffed 900D with rows of fans and radiators inside. Then you have something to look at, not just a trashcan! You can't argue with the looks of the Mac Pro. It's BS!

who cares...

I don't mean the PC, I mean the advert. and I seriously disagree with it being twice as powerful as anything else that size.

Smaller by at least a factor of two, not more powerful. 

Also, part-for-part it's actually not cheaper to build it. Without workstation grade stuff, yeah it is but the whole point is that it's a machine you can rely on 24/7.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Trashcan! Do an epic introduction video with a proper stuffed 900D with rows of fans and radiators inside. Then you have something to look at, not just a trashcan! You can't argue with the looks of the Mac Pro. It's BS!

Except that's not innovation. You aren't pushing the limits of computing by doing that. You're basically buying a giant aluminum box and screwing stuff into it until you can get off to all of the fans inside of it.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Not as sexy as the 2012 mac pro. The new one looks like crap. 

120611_mac_pro.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

Except that's not innovation. You aren't pushing the limits of computing by doing that. You're basically buying a giant aluminum box and screwing stuff into it until you can get off to all of the fans inside of it.

It's not about innovation. This trailer doesn't say innovation, it tries to show off with the badassery of the new MacPro. But it just isn't. also afaik the 900D is made of steel. If you want a small high performance machine, get a µATX chassie and put some dual graphics and a LGA 2011 processor inside. It will looks better, perform better, be at least as quiet if you want to, be customizable and cost a fraction of the prize.

The MacPro is astonishingly small for it's performance but it's still a ridiculous machine for the market nieche that it siezes to play in.

who cares...

It just shows the case. If you're so fond of the case, you can purchase a trash can designed to look like the Mac Pro and use it everyday.

Trashcan, nonetheless

Better a nice looking trashcan, than actual trash (99% of all computer cases)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

It just shows the case. If you're so fond of the case, you can purchase a trash can designed to look like the Mac Pro and use it everyday.

There are almost no trash cans looking like the Mac Pro.

I know there is one (but it is actually much bigger and build much cheaper).

Know way in real life someone would mistake the Mac Pro for a trash can.

Not as sexy as the 2012 mac pro. The new one looks like crap. 

-snip-

Yep, I much prefer the older Mac Pro design, it's so much nicer.

Better a nice looking trashcan, than actual trash (99% of all computer cases)

Do you even H440 M8?

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Do you even H440 M8?

a big box full of cheap plastic and some steel shall convince me otherwise?

Might look better than many other computer cases, still looks like a fugly big computer case.

is this going to be another 'mac pro is so powderful and innovative.normal pc sucks bla bla' argument thread now?

It's not about innovation. This trailer doesn't say innovation, it tries to show off with the badassery of the new MacPro. But it just isn't. also afaik the 900D is made of steel. If you want a small high performance machine, get a µATX chassie and put some dual graphics and a LGA 2011 processor inside. It will looks better, perform better, be at least as quiet if you want to, be customizable and cost a fraction of the prize.

The MacPro is astonishingly small for it's performance but it's still a ridiculous machine for the market nieche that it siezes to play in.

I've looked into it. You can't make a machine as small as a Mac Pro period, let alone with a workstation grade LGA 2011 processor and dual graphics cards. It also won't be "at least as quiet" because the Mac Pro only has a single fan and that fan is silent 90% of the time.

If you think you can do it, I dare you to try. Dozens of people have tried and failed to spec a custom rig for as little as the Mac Pro.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

awesome argument

zfb.gif

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

is this going to be another 'mac pro is so powderful and innovative.normal pc sucks bla bla' argument thread now?

Currently it's the opposite. Bias much?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /