GPU boot problem

PropheM

Hello forum members,

today I recieved my new R9 290X DCUII. When I installed it my PC wouldn´t boot. So I tried out different things, bought a PSU tester and so on. 

Then I went into the BIOS to check voltages to compare it to the tester. I went out without changing anything and it started booting correctly. 

So it is until now. Everytime I go into BIOS before booting it works, if not, it doesn´t.

It is not that big of a deal, I would go and sent it back, but if there is a way to go around it it would be nice.

Thanks for the help.

Do fans on the gpu start up or does the system just fail to turn on?

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Did you uninstall any previous GPU drivers before plugging in your new card?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The fans spin up and Windows goes to the loading screen. After that just a black screen and the led´s of my mouse and keyboard turn off.

I uninstalled all the drivers before.

Oh sorry. Worng section. Didn´t notice. Maybe thats the reason I don´t get any replys. Thnks man.

Oh sorry. Worng section. Didn´t notice. Maybe thats the reason I don´t get any replys. Thnks man.

Go get on some admins nuts to change.

@Windspeed36 

Posted this in the wrong section by mistake. Already reposted it in troubleshooting. Could you please delete it? Thank you.