When will my H100 die?

So after purchasing some silent fans that were suggested to me, I started to hear this sound coming from my H100.. It's possible that this sound has been there for a very long time and that the stock fans were pretty loud (they were) and covered it up. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf1X3SEOSWU

A thing to note is that the noise only occurs when there's either very little load, or full load. When there's medium load, it tends not to appear. It also randomly makes the noise and stops for a short while while on little load (such as having chrome open).. 

Can anyone suggest a new cooler for me? It has to cost around £30 as I'm pretty tight on money, and not a penny over (I really don't have it). If you think my H100 can last 2 weeks, then the price can be raised to £40, but if you think it's going to die on me pretty soon it has to be £30. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

It doesn't sound much out of the norm imo, I'm not an expert in liquid coolers though. It almost sounds like there's something small inside the loop that hits the moving parts or a loose part in the pump mechanism, but again I'm no expert and it could be perfectly normal. If you want to make sure, try drying the loop, making sure there's nothing loose and there aren't any small objects in it, and if everything's ok then it's probably just normal.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well, that's more than £30, so do you think my H100 will last 2 weeks? You're really not telling me much here.

It doesn't sound much out of the norm imo, I'm not an expert in liquid coolers though. It almost sounds like there's something small inside the loop that hits the moving parts or a loose part in the pump mechanism, but again I'm no expert and it could be perfectly normal. If you want to make sure, try drying the loop, making sure there's nothing loose and there aren't any small objects in it, and if everything's ok then it's probably just normal.

I can't do that without performing major modifications as it's a closed loop AIO cooler. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

So after purchasing some silent fans that were suggested to me, I started to hear this sound coming from my H100.. It's possible that this sound has been there for a very long time and that the stock fans were pretty loud (they were) and covered it up. 

If you wanted to save a few dollars, you could try RMAing it. Corsair is normally pretty good with them. 

EDIT: Corsair's warranty on the H100 is 5 years, so you could RMA it. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

If you wanted to save a few dollars, you could try RMAing it. Corsair is normally pretty good with them. 

EDIT: Corsair's warranty on the H100 is 5 years, so you could RMA it. 

It was refurbished by Overclockers UK and I was told that it only has a 2 month warranty, but that might only be with them, so I could try contacting Corsair, although I don't think I'll get anywhere. 

It was refurbished by Overclockers UK and I was told that it only has a 2 month warranty, but that might only be with them, so I could try contacting Corsair, although I don't think I'll get anywhere. 

You might as well try. Could save you $30.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

As Noble has said, try to RMA it. If not, the good ol' Hyper 212 EVO will do good, it's around 25 pounds.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I'm not really keen on doing any modifications like that, but that entire post seems to be implying that it's only a noise, if this is the case, I can easily wait 2 weeks. My concern is that it may just cop out when playing a game like FarCry 3, then my CPU overheats all of a sudden and it ruins my CPU/motherboard. 

As Noble has said, try to RMA it. If not, the good ol' Hyper 212 EVO will do good, it's around 25 pounds.

That's what I've been considering since I made this post, the 212 is a very good cooler.

It's just the normal pump issue with the H100. I had it from day1, but I modded diodes to the 12v line going to the pump which made it go away. It won't die on you, it's just making that noise.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

it would only be if it started leaking that you would risk killing your components. Thermal throttling would occur to protect your CPU. If you are concerned just keep an eye on temps while gaming.

Get yourself a temp monitoring program, if it is a real concern to you see how much the temps rise under a full load test, then if there is something wrong with the pump rma it. Otherwise just deal with the noise :)

CPU: I74770K @ 4.2, MOBO: ASUS Z87 EXPERT, RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE PRO 16G @ 1886, GPU: EVGA DUAL FTW GTX 780, CASE: NZXT H440 WHITE, STORAGE: 840 EVO 120GB (OS), 1TB SAMSUNG 7200 RPM (MASS), PSU: CORSAIR RM750, DISPLAY: DUAL LG/ACER 1080p LED, COOLING: H100i, STOCK CASE FANS, ACCESS: RAZER DEATH ADDER + GOLIATH PAD, WHITE SLEEVED CABLES, UV LEDS.