Benq 2420z... Mother of god

Bowser
Go to solution Solved by jmaster299,

The Image quality straight out of the box SUCKS ASS i cant for the love of me find a good settings for it. and it doesent live up to linuses hype about its little brother... if you know the magic settings that made linus like its little brother so mutch. please for the love of linus give me it :P

Be more specific. Is it just the color your are having an issue with? If that's the case try a Google search for monitor color calibration, there is no shortage of websites that will help you get things set up. Also try taking the time to try the multiple presets that come with the monitor, and the additional presets you can download from BenQ's gaming website. Things like the blue light reduction can affect some people more than others. Imagine looking at another monitor while wearing yellow tinted glasses. That's what the pro's use to reduce eye strain from the harsh light from regular monitors.

The Image quality straight out of the box SUCKS ASS i cant for the love of me find a good settings for it. and it doesent live up to linuses hype about its little brother... if you know the magic settings that made linus like its little brother so mutch. please for the love of linus give me it :P

CPU : i5 3570k @ 4.2                  CPU COOLER : H100i                  GPU  Asus 780ti DC2            PSU: CX750M
GPU  Asus 780ti DC2                  MOTHERBOARD: MSI z77a g43   CASE: Coolermaster Xm
Soundcard: XONAR DG              SSD: Crucial m5 120 gb                HDD: WD green 1tb

I believe you are feeling the effects of a TN panel, its noticeable when comparing againest a VA or IPS

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Be more specific. Is it just the color your are having an issue with? If that's the case try a Google search for monitor color calibration, there is no shortage of websites that will help you get things set up. Also try taking the time to try the multiple presets that come with the monitor, and the additional presets you can download from BenQ's gaming website. Things like the blue light reduction can affect some people more than others. Imagine looking at another monitor while wearing yellow tinted glasses. That's what the pro's use to reduce eye strain from the harsh light from regular monitors.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

What are you comparing this to here?

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

BENQ gaming monitors tend to suck ass right out of the box but with some calibration you can get them to acceptable levels. If you bought this expecting a pretty monitor with perfect calibration you chose the wrong product.

The brightness levels are usually like staring into the sun too so I'd drop it to somewhere comfortable first.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

What are you comparing this to here?

my old monitor lol. a TFT panel... Acer p225hq

CPU : i5 3570k @ 4.2                  CPU COOLER : H100i                  GPU  Asus 780ti DC2            PSU: CX750M
GPU  Asus 780ti DC2                  MOTHERBOARD: MSI z77a g43   CASE: Coolermaster Xm
Soundcard: XONAR DG              SSD: Crucial m5 120 gb                HDD: WD green 1tb

U might be one of those who hates TN panel.

messed around and googled abit. its better now but tn panel suck lol

-snip-  and the additional presets you can download from BenQ's gaming website. -snip-

Do we know if such a thing exists for other manufacturers, specifically Samsung?