Should Intel buy nVidia?

Speedbird

I think it should. This would allow Intel to make APUs with nVidia GPUs just like AMD does with ATI GPUs.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I think it should. This would allow Intel to make APUs with nVidia GPUs just like AMD does with ATI GPUs.

NO definitely not

Also intel already make APUs, look at the intel IRIS series. The iris pro is on par which comes close to a 640GT or 650m in some benchmarks and actually beats a lot of  lower end APUs for graphics

Crystalwell with Iris Pro 5200 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6993/intel-iris-pro-5200-graphics-review-core-i74950hq-tested/6

55279.png

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

intel is more then capable enough to make cpu's with GPU cores, look at the iris pro iGPU gives apu's a run for their money, intell doesnt need nvidia's help

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

tumblr_inline_mjhc3yOgMp1qz4rgp.gif

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Yeah, the market would pretty much die.

It's already not great that AMD owns ATI, but I guess they couldn't have survived this long without each other, then we'd get into a while monopoly thing if AMD died as Intel would be the only player on a huge market, etc etc.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

So we could see more and more 1,000 gaming GPUs? No. That shit needs to stop.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Apart from the fact that nvidia has no need whatsoever to be bought at the moment (I think they still have about 60% of the gaming market), intel is the company with the highest gpu marketshare on the planet. Funny huh? There are orders of magnitude more intel hd graphics gpus than there are of nvidia and amd gpus together. Of course that's because they come with the cpu no matter what, but either way intel doesn't need to boost its sales with better graphics and if they WANTED better graphics, they would have no problem in producing them themselves, no need to purchase nvidia. The only thing I see intel being interested in in regards to nvidia is the tesla line of cards, as xeon phis haven't exactly been competitive with those recently and supercomputers are using gpus more and more as opposed to cpus. But still, nvidia would have no reason to let themselves be purchased, they are the leaders in their specific sector.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

No

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

Apple should buy Intel and Samsung and Microsoft and nVidia.

k

Well they have around 140 Billion lying around so to speak. Wired once suggested they buy Tesla and SpaceX LOL. Beats wasn't all that expensive :D

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

What we really need is a 3rd big CPU and/or GPU maker to bring more competition to market, so that it could (note the word 'could') possibly lower the prices for us consumers. 2 parties is not enough in almost anything, like in this case CPU/GPU manufacturers. (Same goes for political parties. America, looking at you)

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Nope

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!