Dyeing De-Ionized Water vs. Premix

I already bought some deionized water for my loop, but now I think I'll need a reservoir, plus it's make things much easier. So I'd want to be able to see the colour of my coolant in the reservoir since it will be mounted to the back of my case. I don't know if there are any dyes that could make my coolant blue or uv blue (my tubing is already uv blue) or if just getting a premixed coolant would be a better option, such as http://www.frozenqshop.com/frozenq-essentials-coolant-uv-blue/ . I don't have any uses for the deionized water, but it was only $7 and would I be able to drink it  :P

I was also wondering if the coolant could harm any of my components such as the Swiftech Apogee Drive II, EK 240 PE or PrimoChill Advanced LRT UV blue tubing. I have PrimoChill SysPrep that should stop the growth of bacteria, and I might get a kill coil too.

Thanks for the help, my build is going to be done soon, link in signature ^_^

http://www.frozenqshop.com/m1-ncase-reservoir/#

Cltnqef.jpg

983v.png

U4jUw.jpg

I already bought some deionized water for my loop, but now I think I'll need a reservoir, plus it's make things much easier. So I'd want to be able to see the colour of my coolant in the reservoir since it will be mounted to the back of my case. I don't know if there are any dyes that could make my coolant blue or uv blue (my tubing is already uv blue) or if just getting a premixed coolant would be a better option, such as http://www.frozenqshop.com/frozenq-essentials-coolant-uv-blue/ . I don't have any uses for the deionized water, but it was only $7 and would I be able to drink it  :P

I was also wondering if the coolant could harm any of my components such as the Swiftech Apogee Drive II, EK 240 PE or PrimoChill Advanced LRT UV blue tubing. I have PrimoChill SysPrep that should stop the growth of bacteria, and I might get a kill coil too.

Thanks for the help, my build is going to be done soon, link in signature ^_^

Check out Mayhems coolant dyes. As for compatibility with your components just Google it all. Chances are somebody has done it and can share their experience with you.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Check out Mayhems coolant dyes. As for compatibility with your components just Google it all. Chances are somebody has done it and can share their experience with you.

I found 15mL of Mayhems dye and it costs $8.51! Is it made of diamonds? I'll get a whole litre of coolant for that price from FrozenQ in that case.

The compatibility is that I've heard you shouldn't put more than one type of metal in your loop.

I found 15mL of Mayhems dye and it costs $8.51! Is it made of diamonds? I'll get a whole litre of coolant for that price from FrozenQ in that case.

The compatibility is that I've heard you shouldn't put more than one type of metal in your loop.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17711/ex-liq-292/Mayhems_X1_Coolant_Concentrate_-_250mL_-_UV_Blue.html This is the dye quantity Mayhems usually comes in and it makes 2 liters. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

The pre-mix also contains additives to prevent algae growth, you can buy this separately too. The dye may contain it, but I don't know for sure as I've always used pre-mix.

Deionised water is good for washing new components and leak testing. I usually fill the loop with deionised water a few times before adding the coolant to make sure everything is nice and clean. Having done this each water loop I've built (been on water since 2007 and usually upgrade something every year or two) have required zero maintenance besides topping up the fluid occasionally.

The pre-mix also contains additives to prevent algae growth, you can buy this separately too. The dye may contain it, but I don't know for sure as I've always used pre-mix.

Deionised water is good for washing new components and leak testing. I usually fill the loop with deionised water a few times before adding the coolant to make sure everything is nice and clean. Having done this each water loop I've built (been on water since 2007 and usually upgrade something every year or two) have required zero maintenance besides topping up the fluid occasionally.

Oh thanks for the tip, now I have a use for the water I bought. I was just going to drink it :P