That moment when...['bout the giveaway]

ciprian97pop

...only 5 persons of the 25 "lucky" winners are actually "legit" members of this comunity

Congratz to:

@Jogostar

@JasonRoGo

@Ober1kenobi

@Frankz

@davidvu396

And this is a direct quote from a conversation between Linus and me:

Fake accounts won't work to win the giveaway. Ve have our vays....

....well, it looks that your ways haven't helped and the other winning accounts have only one or two posts and will be forever forgotten 

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

They are not the same person,that is for sure.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

...only 5 persons of the 25 "lucky" winners are actually "legit" members of this comunity

Congratz to:

@Jogostar

@JasonRoGo

@Ober1kenobi

@Frankz

@davidvu396

And this is a direct quote from a conversation between Linus and me:

....well, it looks that your ways haven't helped and the other winning accounts have only one or two posts and will be forever forgotten 

Im curious if all 25 will actually be claimed

As long as they kept to the "one entry pr. household" rule, I can't see how they are ´fake account´. They made an account to enter a contest, and while they might not intend to be active members, they are still members.

Congratulations to all the winners.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Congrats you guys. I take back what I said about there shouldn't be a problem with the guys who signed up just for the contest. When 80% of them have only 1 or 2 post there's a problem.

As long as they kept to the "one entry pr. household" rule, I can't see how they are ´fake account´. They made an account to enter a contest, and while they might not intend to be active members, they are still members. r

Fake accounts would be just more accounts registered by the same person.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

:( like if u cri evritiem

If someone doesn't claim the phone, I call dibs. :P

There's still 85 phones left to win!

They are not the same person,that is for sure.

well no, they aren't but it's almost the same thing

if I would make 500 accounts to enter a giveaway, and you would enter only with your account it wouldn't be fare because I have 500 entries but you have only one

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

well no, they aren't but it's almost the same thing

if I would make 500 accounts to enter a giveaway, and you would enter only with your account it wouldn't be fare because I have 500 entries but you have only one

That's exactly what I meant...

jfep.gifHEY LOOK, LUCKY PEOPLE.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

EDIT: Wrong. they are from different giveaways. I'm sorry, I will be more careful next time

P.S: Anyway, I clicked randomly on someone to check if they were legit, and I made a mistake...

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

As long as they kept to the "one entry pr. household" rule, I can't see how they are ´fake account´. They made an account to enter a contest, and while they might not intend to be active members, they are still members. 

congratulations to all the winners.

are you really sure that no one on this forum made (at least) one other account to enter?

and as I said earlier and as you said: "one entry per household". if I make 100 accounts with different emails and names, I will have 100 entries and they can't tell if it's the same person(only if they look trough every ip address of every entry, which it would be to hard)

and let's be honest, If you would have won 2 phones, you wouldn't give the same address. 

Isn't it one entry per person? A guy who one, MoSLegend, posted 3 times...and he's the only one I saw for now. Linus should do something about this. If it was more than one entry I would have posted 1507 times

if you would have posted 1000 times it wouldn't have mattered because it would have counted as only one entry BUT if you would have made 1000 accounts, you would have had 1000 entries

He's referring to MKBHD/Unbox Theropy's combined give away.

Oh. I don't know either of those ppl. :/

if you would have posted 1000 times it wouldn't have mattered because it would have counted as only one entry BUT if you would have made 1000 accounts, you would have had 1000 entries

Please read edit. I have to stop posting before reading corectly...

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

are you really sure that no one on this forum made (at least) one other account to enter?

and as I said earlier and as you said: "one entry per household". if I make 100 accounts with different emails and names, I will have 100 entries and they can't tell if it's the same person(only if they look trough every ip address of every entry, which it would be to hard)

and let's be honest, If you would have won 2 phones, you wouldn't give the same address. 

That is a possibility, but I would also assume that LMG has a way of minimizing it. They don't have to look through every IP-address manually. There are software that can do that for you. 

It don't really think that there is a need to jump to the conclusion that everyone is cheating. There was a bunch of people that signed up for the contest, so the odds of a new member winning was pretty high.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Please read edit. I have to stop posting before reading corectly...

I saw that.

but my argument still remains

ermahgerd. awesome! :D

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

almost forgot the obligatory:

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Well obviously, this is why I rarely "enter" this sorts of contest since they're not really made for regulars to win anything but they are designed for Linus to get more subscribers and views on his videos and for the sponsoring company to get likes, tweets and overall excellent word of mouth promotion. It will be like complaining that no "regular buyers" of lottery tickets ever win: it's a contest, it's supposed to attract as many new comers as possible.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well obviously, this is why I rarely "enter" this sorts of contest since they're not really made for regulars to win anything but they are designed for Linus to get more subscribers and views on his videos and for the sponsoring company to get likes, tweets and overall excellent word of mouth promotion. It will be like complaining that no "regular buyers" of lottery tickets ever win: it's a contest, it's supposed to attract as many new comers as possible.

Oh so true. :(