Is it possible for the monitor to be plugged into the mobo, but the graphics card renders the stuff?

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

No. Buy a cheap DVI to VGA adapter.

My GPU is an MSI GTX 760 Gaming, my monitor is 1440x900 (and only supports VGA).

No. Buy a cheap DVI to VGA adapter.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My GPU is an MSI GTX 760 Gaming, my monitor is 1440x900 (and only supports VGA).

What are your system specs? More importantly, what CPU and Motherboard do you have in your system?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Isn't the 760 a little bit overkill for that resolution? About the outputs, buy a cheap DVI to VGA adaptor and you're good to go.

Actually, nearly all gpu's come with a dvi to vga adapter in the box, you dont have one?

My 760 didn't come with one

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Maybe it's an amd thing, both my 270X and 290 came with them.

My 760 came with an adapter. Was an MSi reference card as well. You didn't buy used or open box, OP?

Anyway, my advice is buy a proper monitor, it will come with the input and cable you need. 900p is a big disservice towards that GPU.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

My 760 came with an adapter. Was an MSi reference card as well. You didn't buy used or open box, OP?

Anyway, my advice is buy a proper monitor, it will come with the input and cable you need. 900p is a big disservice towards that GPU.

Ha! I run my R9 290 on a 1440x900. But im saving up now to buy a new monitor. :P

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

What are your system specs? More importantly, what CPU and Motherboard do you have in your system?

4670k and gigabyte Z97-HD3

Isn't the 760 a little bit overkill for that resolution? About the outputs, buy a cheap DVI to VGA adaptor and you're good to go.

It's the only monitor I have right now, and I chose the 760 because I am gonna get a new monitor eventually, and until then destroying games is nice.

Actually, nearly all gpu's come with a dvi to vga adapter in the box, you dont have one?

Yes it did.

- I asked this because when I use the adapter that comes in the box to plug my monitor into my 760, the resolution is fu**ed up, the closest resolutions to 144x900 are 1366x768 and 1600x900, and both of  them look weird on this monitor. NVIDIA don't support 1440x900, so after some fiddling around, I added the 1440x900 resolution and now everything works perfecly... thanks for your help!