Overclocked Pentium G3258 or stock i3-4330?

Hello,

I'm planning a system build to replace my current one and I'm wondering whether to buy a Pentium G3258 and overclock it or to buy an i3-4330 and save money on the mobo and cooling. This system will be used mostly for Microsoft Flight Simulator (which is 32-bit and probably single-core), running virtual machines and gaming. My current PC has an i3 550 (2 cores /w hyperthreading, 3.2 GHz). Here's a link to the PCPartPicker list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Speedbird/saved/ZdDJ7P

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

MS FlightSim really likes faster cores and since overclocking also is quite a nice experience in my opinion I would go with the Pentium.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

If you buy the windows key from G2A, you can get something like a i5 4590

Is it legit? Have you bought anything from them?

Discounted with the key?

Have already bought about 5 keys for systems, and a couple of games for myself.  It's not illegal or anything, it's a website like GoG, with lots of discounts. 

$22 for the windows 8.1 key, https://www.g2a.com/windows-8-professional-32-64-bit-cd-key-global.html?___store=englishus

In flight simulator an overclocked G3258 will be faster than the 4590.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

I have bought stuff there too no probs.

Also I don't know how well a 750Ti will run FSX since my 780Ti has problems with keeping it at 60fps max settings. 

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

In flight simulator an overclocked G3258 will be faster than the 4590.

My current i3-550 is already fast with FSX, I don't think that I'd see a big difference with 4.7GHz. And having a sticker on the case saying "Pentium inside" makes it look slower than it is. :)

So the way I see it it doesn't make any sense to get a pentium if you are going to spend the money you spare on fancy cooling and motherboards. The g3258 can reach 4.8ghz on the stock cooler. If you keep the stock cooler and don't waste money on other components, the superior cost effectiveness of the pentium makes it the better choice, however if you can't deal with the extra noise and possibly higher temps go for the i3. Also don't forget the stock i3 is quite a bit faster even than an ocd pentium in programs that aren't games. Still, I would keep the i3 you currently have, the performance boost with the other two choices isn't very high anyway.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That system will be completely replaced and the only thing I'll take from it is the 3.5" hard disk bay for a 5.25" slot. The i3-550 is LGA1156 based and incompatible with newer chipsets.

Have already bought about 5 keys for systems, and a couple of games for myself.  It's not illegal or anything, it's a website like GoG, with lots of discounts. 

$22 for the windows 8.1 key, https://www.g2a.com/windows-8-professional-32-64-bit-cd-key-global.html?___store=englishus

this is legit

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

• 10 months later...

MS FlightSim really likes faster cores and since overclocking also is quite a nice experience in my opinion I would go with the Pentium.

do you think that the  pentium overclocked would it run the gta V ? if yes in which settings ( medium, high ?? *hoping* )

i3-4330 hands down no hesitation never look back..it's better...plain and simple...worth the extra cost.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR