Tell me if I'm glossing over something obvious here

Mr. Brovahkiin

I'm having a 100ft ethernet cable run from downstaris to my bedroom so I can stop using wireless on my desktop. What I wanna do is run the cable from the modem downstaris and move the router into my room so I can connect anything I want to the router so I can hard wire right into the router. That would work right? I see no reason for why it wouldn't

Yes, I presume it would. I see no reason why it wouldn't, as it is just essentially choosing which cable (connecting from router to desktop, or modem to router) is 100 ft. 

Yes, I presume it would. I see no reason why it wouldn't, as it is just essentially choosing which cable (connecting from router to desktop, or modem to router) is 100 ft. 

I figured as much. I just like to double/triple check anything because don't wanna screw anything up. Thanks

You should have no problem, ethernet follows the 100m rule, so at 100ft you should have absolutelly no problem.

You should have no problem, ethernet follows the 100m rule, so at 100ft you should have absolutelly no problem.

I'm planning on running STP Cat5e. Is it worth it to pay the extra for STP or am I just wasting money?

Not at all, stp is used in a very electrically noisy area, like if you were going to be running the ethernet around fluorecent lighting. But in your case just get utp and sove some money.

Not at all, stp is used in a very electrically noisy area, like if you were going to be running the ethernet around fluorecent lighting. But in your case just get utp and sove some money.

Sorry but when i say not at all i mean dont get the stp....

Sorry but when i say not at all i mean dont get the stp....

Fair enough haha. Thank you