What is the absolute max I can get out of a 280mm and 120mm rad?

I am thinking about water cooling my pc and I want to know what the max I can get out of a 280mm and 120mm rad is. I am not talking about formulas, I just want something cool enough (under 50 in the loop. Could I use the 280mm and 120mm (almost the = of a 480mm rad) to cool 1 4770k at 4ghz (only my every day OC, i can get up to 4.8) and 2 290's?

you probably could, but i cant guarantee <50C at load. 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

you probably could, but i cant guarantee <50C at load. 

50c for liquid temps, not cards.

With a OC'd 4770k and 2 290's, you are going to need at least two 360mm rads. You will be really really pushing it with the  loop with just one 280mm and a 120mm. But it can be done with just those two rads.

50c for liquid temps, not cards.

oooh, that i can, i havent seen any loop where ;iquid went over +5C if it had good flow

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

@ArrayGamer

50° is not a normal coolant temperature for water cooling. unless your ambient is

37-42° no need for 50° coolant.

stock voltage on CPU and 2xGPU can be controlled by a 280x 60 using

1200-1600rpm optimized fans. only when you increase from stock voltage is where

the thermals start to get iffy. the spare 120 would just get in the way causing routing

and failure points. if increasing overclock voltages are necessary, look to a 240x 60

to keep fan speeds low and temperatures acceptable. 50° coolant is not acceptable.

The agreed general rule is you need the v minimum of a 120mm rad per component at stock voltages and event then you would be pushing it especially with high end parts (4770k + the 290s output a lot of heat). You would need to have the fans on a fairly high RPM to keep the temps down which kind of defeats the purpose of WC'ing if you can't even OC as you're hitting a temp barrier.

The only option to lower the RPM of those fans is to increase the radiator thickness then, at least a 45mm thick radiator but I'd go 60/83 with a low FPI.

If you can only stick with 30mm thick radiators then I would suggest using the 120mm radiator too, you're going to need all the extra cooling you'd get. I've never recommended using a single 120mm rad in a loop ever till today and I don't think I will again for a very long time. But even then, I'd simply recommend getting a bigger case; if you can afford a 4770k (that oc's to 4.8Ghz too, great chip) + 2 290's then I think it's a very worthwhile upgrade. If it means you watercool your cards later I'd still say upgrade your case.