Xiaomi's rise above Apple in numbers

cheng96

Official website:

http://www.mi.com/en

It launched in 2010, sold its first smartphone in 2011, and by 2013, sold 100,000 phones in under 90 seconds.

Xiaomi is now the third most successful smart phone maker in China, overtaking Apple.

Original article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/10880247/Xiaomis-rise-above-Apple-in-numbers.html

Xiaomi's sub-$130 budget line, the Redmi (previously known as Hongmi aka "Red Rice"), has been credited for accelerating the company's expansion into Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore, with nearby countries like Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand soon to be addedto the list. While this is a recent development, the company's already prepping a follow-up model, according to four new listings on China's TENAA certification database. As you can see, this upcoming device is marked with red Android buttons on the front, which gives away its Redmi identity. It'll feature a 5.5-inch, 720p IPS display (a bump from the current 4.7-inch version), as well as Android 4.2.2, 1GB of RAM and an octa-core processor (our guess is MediaTek, again) coming in two versions: 1.4GHz and 1.7GHz.

Original article:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/13/xiaomi-redmi-2-octa-core-leak/

This year, Xiaomi have become king of the flash-sale, selling incredible amounts of devices in an increasingly short time. In Malaysia they have been known to sell out significant numbers of powerbanks and the Mi 3 in minutes but it looks like Taiwan has everyone beat. According to Xiaomi Taiwan, they sold 10,000 units of the incredibly priced RedMi Note in just 1 second.

Original article:

http://www.lowyat.net/2014/07/more-records-fall-as-xiaomi-sells-10000-redmi-notes-in-taiwan-in-just-1-second/

Personal opinions:

I am a proud owner of the Xiaomi Mi3 and would like to let the rest of the world know about this brand since they are cheap and very good. Miui has a very nice interface and is comparable to Cyanogenmod

In addition to that, I chose the Mi3 over the HTC one M8 which was actually my targeted phone because of Linus(don't judge me haha) but after finding out about Xiaomi I decided to give it a try since the price was very low and I have no regrets.

P.S this is my first time posting a new topic in this forum so apologies in advance if I made any mistakes here.

Yeah, probably in China, but here, it's either Apple or some other brand.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Which is why I want people to notice..

The phones are good but people get worried because it's chinese

And no I'm not from China(in case people wonder)

Which is why I want people to notice..

The phones are good but people get worried because it's chinese

And no I'm not from China(in case people wonder)

Yeah, pretty much every phone is made there (except LG, which I know for sure).

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'm just not a fan of their buying system outside China although it is much fairer than oneplus's model. They are using flash sale method where limited number is available for sale each time. Also the fact that they refused to release the source code for their current flagship phone is a violation of the GPL license (I'm not an expert in this) and this stops other rom developers to release anything to MI3 just irks me a little bit.

That said, I have a MI3 on its way from Malaysia as my parents is visiting me later :P 

140 GBP for that spec is a steal.

Main PC:
CPU: 3700x Motherboard: X570  RAM: 2x16GB 3600Mhz GPU: RTX 3080 Case: Corsair 4000D Air Storage: 1TB NVMe 2x250GB SSD RAID 0 2TB HDD PSU: 1000W Gold Display: Acer X34A Peripherals: Corsair K95 RGB Red, Razer Viper Ultimate

Laptop:
Lenovo Thinkbook 13s  CPU: i5-8265U RAM: 8GB  Storage: 256GB SSD Display: Dell P2414H Peripherals: CMStorm Quickfire TK Brown, Razer Atheris 

Audio:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm, FiiO E11, Stoner Acoustics UD100, Shure SE-215, Logitech Z906, Mission 731, Altec Lansing ADA-885, xDuoo UA-05, AKG K7XX,FiiO X3, FiiO K3

I'm just not a fan of their buying system outside China although it is much fairer than oneplus's model. They are using flash sale method where limited number is available for sale each time. Also the fact that they refused to release the source code for their current flagship phone is a violation of the GPL license (I'm not an expert in this) and this stops other rom developers to release anything to MI3 just irks me a little bit.

That said, I have a MI3 on its way from Malaysia as my parents is visiting me later :P

140 GBP for that spec is a steal.

They did release the source codes for their previous gen phones though. I'm sure that they just haven't release it(I too am not a pro).

Doesn't their skin make android look like a bad copy of iOS 7?

It does feel a little weird but it's not really a bad copy. But nothing can really give the same experience as the IOS

I've heard about Miui waaay before xiaomi

How the hell Dont u people know about them

Hugo bara left Google to work for them

they are making top notch quality devices but the very last few devices they are selling are direct one to one rip offs of apple devices and they aren't being discrete about it

Like the.mi pad and the mi router mini

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

they version of android feels really clunky and weird, i actually noticed spelling errors in the ui.

they're price is unbeatable though. even the redmi doesn't have that cheapo phone feel. imo, it beats samsung phones in build quality.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

they version of android feels really clunky and weird, i actually noticed spelling errors in the ui.

they're price is unbeatable though. even the redmi doesn't have that cheapo phone feel. imo, it beats samsung phones in build quality.

Wait in the mandarin version or the english (the latter would not surprise me tbh)?

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Wait in the mandarin version or the english (the latter would not surprise me tbh)?

english. yeah i know, but it's an obvious typo, not like a translation error or something. although it's nothing huge, i just lol-ed at it.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Here's a video hands on off it by one of my favorite mobile reviews channels:

They do have a kitkat rom now and the price has dropped drastically.

english. yeah i know, but it's an obvious typo, not like a translation error or something. although it's nothing huge, i just lol-ed at it.

they're = they are

Their version. Their price.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

they're = they are

Their version. Their price.

Oh lol, I guess my keyboard autocorrect screwed me.

Believe it or not Apple don't sell that many phones compared to other manufacturers. High end phones don't sell that well it's like how the 780 doesn't actually sell all that well compared to the lower end GPU's. Most people just buy low end phones because it's what they can afford and what is actually worth the money.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard